Stuck at 14 (Perfect Server - Debian Wheezy (nginx, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Ben!, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Ben!

Ben! New Member

Hi,
    I am stuck at 14 Install PureFTPd And Quota i am getting following error after running following command in putty.

i run the following following command.
    the following error come.
    Your help will be appreciated thank You.

Regards, Ben

Link to tutorial.

2. Ben!

Ben! New Member

ok i have left 14 and pass to next 15. btw what was benefits of PureFTPd and can i install it after ispconfig is installed or no need of PureFTPd.

Thanks and Regards, Ben

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want to upload files to your websites by FTP, then you need pure-ftpd. pure-ftpd has to be installed bafore you install ispconfig.

But your problem is not related to pure-ftpd, the problem that you posted is about quota. Post your fstab file.

4. Ben!

Ben! New Member

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have only the following line in my fstab file. Because tutorial author ask to add this into fstab. But it's return error. [mntent]: line 1 in /etc/fstab is bad
    After that i have copy pasted whole author file into my fstab file.
    Then i got the Access denied error. But now i have successfully installed the ISPConfig and it's working fine. But Can i need to install everything again to get FTP Working? or i can use any web based file manager that you can suggest.

Thanks and Regards

5. till

the author asks to modify a ecxisting line and add this part into that line, not to add this part as new line.

Thats a baed idae, as this file is different on each server and the system will not boot, if the file is wrong. Did you made a backup fo the file before you overwrite it?

Your problem is not related to FTP at all, like I mentiond above. Its a quota problem.

6. Ben!

Ben! New Member

Hi,
    No i don't have any backup of that file :( because that file only include 0 0 0 and something like that and not like author file. So it's mean i need to do reinstall?

Thanks for your help.

7. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

I don't think that you need to format/reinstall. There are several tricky things which you can do to make your /etc/fstab. I will suggest one of those:-

use this command (This will only work if the server was not restarted after the changes made by you in /etc/fstab)

there you will find current mount points of the server. From there collect the UUID/your mount point for "/" "/boot" etc. Just add those enties to the /etc/fstab.
    Note:
    Please avoid duplicacy of mount points
    This will only work if the server was not restarted after the changes made by you in /etc/fstab.

Br//
    Srijan

8. till

Is this a virtual server?