Subdomain forwarding

Discussion in 'General' started by alme, Jun 26, 2018.

1. alme

alme New Member

Hello this is my scenario:

DMZ has two servers the www hosted at internal IP 10.10.1.5 and mail hosted at 10.10.1.10. I have ISPconfig installed on www server.
    I would like to be able to be forwarder to the proper server when from Internet I go to www.domain.com and mail.domain.com
    Both servers are behind one firewall which has one public IP configured and I cannot add another IP. This is easy to do when internal destination ports are different (Port forwarding/ Destination NAT) however in my case both targeted ports are the same on both servers (80 and 443). I have been told that I could use reverse proxy on the apache server and this will take care of everything. I am not sure I know how to. Any help is much appreciated.
    I hope you will be able to understand my scenario and help me with a solution.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

3. alme

alme New Member

Thank you for your answer. I tried that but doesnt seem to work. I am reading online that if I'm using ISPconfig, which I am, I should not use mod_proxy but instead I should use apache directives from option section of my website. I am a bit confused since I didnt seem to find many examples of this. Am I missing something here?