Subdomain proxy directive is hidden

Discussion in 'General' started by Uysim, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Uysim

Uysim New Member

I create a Subdomain for website. When I click on option tab there is a text area with label Proxy directive. And yes, I need to work with that proxy. But suddenly, it is disappear. When I inspect element I can see that text area is display none.
    How can I work with that proxy directive?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The <script> element just after the hidden proxy field shows:
    Code:
        var webId = jQuery('input[name="id"]').val();
        adjustForm();

function adjustForm(){
            jQuery.getJSON('sites/ajax_get_json.php'+ '?' + Math.round(new Date().getTime()), {web_id : webId, type : "getredirecttype"}, function(data) {
                if(data.redirecttype == "proxy"){
                    jQuery('.proxy').show();
                } else {
                    jQuery('.proxy').hide();
                }
            });
        }

So it seems you would need to edit the main website, under Redirect select "proxy" as the type, and I have no idea what you'd need in Redirect Path at that point, but ... a step closer?

3. Uysim

Uysim New Member

Are you sure for this?
    Because I feel this is the redirecttype of the subdomain. And the subdomain don't have proxy redirect

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should create it as a separate site instead of a subdomain iirc.

5. Jesse Norell

Or use a vhost subdomain.

6. Uysim

Uysim New Member

No. I what to route all subdomain. like *.example.com. So it need to work with subdomain
    Even so, subdomain feature should be working.

7. Uysim

Uysim New Member

How to add vhost subdomain in ISPConfig?

8. Jesse Norell

There is a setting to enable vhost subdomains/alias domains, I would guess in main config, but can't check at the moment.

9. Uysim

Uysim New Member

I think this is a bug of ISPConfig but don't know where I can report it

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you use Apache or Nginx web server and which ISPConfig version do you use?

11. Uysim

Uysim New Member

I use ISPConfig 3.2 with Apache server

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Go to the redirect tab and set the redirect type to 'proxy' there, then go back to the options tab to see if the field shows up.

13. Jesse Norell

It is not a bug, you were using a regular subdomain, which just add a ServerAlias to the vhost file; you can use a vhost subdomain to configure that different than the main website.

Th0m likes this.
  14. Uysim

Uysim New Member

No it is not showing. And 5 minutes later it automatically rollback to no flag

15. Uysim

Uysim New Member

All of you answers are not right. ISPConfig will say invalid domain when you save it

16. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Can you show screenshot of the setup?

17. Jesse Norell

Some days it sure feels that way. :)

Re-checking the above, indeed, the webId that causes the proxy field to hide is that of the subdomain, I made a mistake in looking that up the first time; so setting the parent website to 'proxy' is not a means to have the proxy field appear on the subdomain options.

The other two solutions mentioned, to create the subdomain as a website itself, or to use a vhost subdomain, do allow me to select 'proxy' as a redirect type.

I've not found anywhere that says invalid domain while doing this, though there is a "Domain is empty." message once you access the Options tab on a subdomain, I'm guessing that's what you are referring to. That is indeed a bug.

As to allowing 'proxy' as an option in the non-vhost subdomain settings, I don't know if there's a technical reason it is not allowed, or simply was an omission when that was implemented. That would require some research/testing.