subdomains and ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by thesquib, Apr 5, 2006.

1. thesquib

thesquib New Member

Hi all, I'm not sure if I missed something major but how do I get subdomains going with ispconfig?

I have setup www.domain.com and domain.com which both point to the same area (so standard setup). I have then added subdomain.domain.com and in the redirection page put in the name of the folder I want it to go to... and it works - but it redirects the user to the folder (www.domain.com/folder). Is there anyway to have subdomains which have their own web root.

Also.. what is the point of having individual user web folders. Whenever I create a user and email it creates a web folder.. The files which are put in here don't seem to be accessible in anyway.

Cheers all....

Noob101

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. Just create a new website subdomain.domain.com. Every Customer in ISPConfig can have multiple websites.

Login with the username and password of that user and you will be able to access the files.

3. BlueStream

BlueStream New Member

I understand what you mean.

To make a subdomain have it's own webroot, you have to create a new site.

But let's say I want to give the user permission to do all these by himself. How do I go about doing that?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A user may have as many sites in his login as you create for him.

Hif you want to let a user create his own sites, you must craete a reseller. A reseller can create new clients and sites of his own within the limits you set for him in the reseller settings.

5. BlueStream

BlueStream New Member

I see..

I've been reading the threads so far and as you have suggested, it would be great to include a check box to differentiate between a subdomain that forwards to a folder and one that doesn't.

Cheers.