Suggestion: build your own cloud for you and your friends

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by Roudy, Jan 9, 2015.

?

Is this a good candidate for an article on HowtoForge?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Roudy

Roudy New Member

Hi everyone!

A year ago, I started a self-hosting experiment (emails, contacts, calendars, files, pictures) for me, my family and my firends. It took quite a bit of work at first, because I wanted a system that
    - supports an arbitrary number of domains and users
    - lets you send and receive your emails from any network
    - encrypts network traffic
    - offers state-of-the-art antispam
    - requires just a few minutes of maintenance once in a while

To save others the time and energy, I made a detailed documentation of the process, command-by-command, file-by-file, so that others could just go through it in a few hours matter of hours. At the moment, it is hosted here:
    http://aboutlinux.free.fr/
    The architecture has now been tested for more than a year, and I verified twice that it was reproducible by following the procedure step-by-step on a freshly installed server.

I would like to host my documentation on HowtoForge, so that others could easily give feedback on it. That way, I could continuously improve on it.

Would it be a good candidate for HowtoForge? And if so, how can I add it to HowtoForge? When I click 'Contribute', I get a message saying that guidelines would be posted soon, but no link to submit a document.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi Roudy,

your setup sunds really nice, it would be a nice contribution to howtoforge. We are currently building a new author system so that the contribute section is not available. If you send me your tutorial by email to info [at] howtoforge [dot] com, then I can upload it for you.

Best Regards

Till