suPHP and chrooted

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by SamTzu, May 30, 2007.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

So Joomla changes the owner from the user it's running under to another user? This can always be done if the files are owned by the Joomla user. Unfortunately I'm not so familiar with Joomla, so I don't know why it changes ownerships.

2. Leszek

Leszek Member

Code:
    So Joomla changes the owner from the user it's running under to another user?
    That's right.This happens only on the server I described above.I've got no problems on other servers.

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats the reason.

5. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Change all file permissions under web dir...

For those who have file permission problems you can always change those afterward with these two commands. Go to your ./web dir and run these two commands from terminal...

Change all file permissions under web dir...
    Change all directory permissions under web dir...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  6. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

Thanks, I also asked Falko this question somewhere but haven't gotten an answer yet:

Is it possible to get a list of files that will be modified if I allow the services to be reconfigured during upgrade?

I just want to be able to check which configurations I have manually adapted and restore my changes afterwards...

7. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

I suppose it's possible to direct that command to a file instead of changing the directory permissions. Insted of
    give command
    I have not tested this since I'm not that good with command line. Maybe someone with more experience might give us an example?