Switching back and forth from RoundCube to Squirrelmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vestport, Nov 25, 2014.

1. vestport

vestport Member

Is there any risk of loosing email switching from RoundCube to Squirrelmail in ISPCONFIG? I did the perfect install for CentOS7 and RoundCube is stock. I also installed Squirrelmail via the APS Installer. I lost email one time for the whole account! Good thing I had it backed up! I am just curious. Is it something else I may have done or is there actually a risk of loosing mail? If so how to I switch back and forth without loss to mail?

Thanks,

Art

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Mails must be save while transformation, but before proceeding please take backups so that if any thing wents wrong then you can restore the mails again.

3. vestport

vestport Member

Hi Srijan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did backups and wouldn't do it again without them. I just wanted to know if there was a know issue if I switch back and forth. I'm not sure if the directory names are changed or data is ported from one directory to a different name or different location elsewhere and then does not appear next time during one of the switches back and forth.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. Webmail is just a mail client like thunderbird or Outlook, you can use what ever client you want and change that at any time.

5. vestport

vestport Member

Got it!

Thanks for confirmation!

Art