Syncronize script copy my server data to a Hetzner storage box.

Discussion in 'General' started by Ole Vangen, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Ole Vangen

Ole Vangen Member

Hi
    I have an debian server at Hetzner and I also have a storage box there.

I have my server set up to do backup of some sites but the backup are only at the server at the moment . I would like to get these backup files copied to a storage box every day.
    I have made a smal script that is very simple running a rsynch command that moves the files and it is a smal sh script and very very simple.
    THis must naturally be run on root since I would proberly to syncronize/backup more that one site.

I have looked and tried a bit with the crontab but I didnt manage to get the script executed and I would mess with it so I stopped.

SO my question is.
    Do anyone have a script they can share that I can just edit?
    Do anyone has an example from their system how they have added running an sh scripy in their cron for server as root?

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

mount the storage for the ispconfig-backups?

3. Ole Vangen

Ole Vangen Member

Hi and thanks for the suggestion.

How do I run an sh script as root in the cron in ispconfig.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Login as root, install editor you know how to use, command
    Code:
    crontab -e
    choosing that editor when prompted.
    An alternative is to use directories cron.daily/ cron.hourly/ cron.weekly/ in /etc/. Put a file in there, use existing files as example.

Ole Vangen likes this.
  5. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

if you want to store the ispconfig-backups on your storage-box, just create a script to mount the backupdiur and to umount. i didn't the correct names right now but i think, you can find this in the manual.

6. Ole Vangen

Ole Vangen Member

Thanks, I added my script in the daily cron folder without extention and it worked.
    :)
    THX