SystemImager howto make a dvd backup??

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Philip_Anselmo, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Philip_Anselmo

Philip_Anselmo New Member

I've been all day long looking for a way to backup my Debian Sarge Perfect Install, and finaly I got to this site (great site, congratulations :D, but not very good looking smiles :p ) after I tryied norton ghost... well i almost tryed :p because i got to a website where they warnme to don`t try ghost on linux.

Well finally I installed Systemimager server on a VMWared Debian Sarge in my Windows XP, and the client on my Debian Sarge Perfect Install :p (thanks to howtoforge.com again ;)) but it doesn't fully cover my needs, because to restore my Debian Sarge per...(PolarBear) I need another Debian running.. and well what if something happends to the Image Server?...

So I'm in need of a way to backup my Debian Sarge system to DVDs or CD-ROMs, on a way so I don't need another PC to restore PolarBear

Is there a way to backup a full HDD or more than 1 HDD to a series of bootable CDs or DVDs? so there just need to boot the system from the CDs/DVDs and restore the hdds from them.