Tasks APS and others stuck

Discussion in 'General' started by emcee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. emcee

emcee New Member

Hi, I'm using ISP 3.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 with nginx and php7. Yesterday I tried to install WordPress to a site's subdirectory that did not exist at the time. Now Installed packages show WordPress installation with status Installation_task. The installation did not finish however no errors were shown. The directory was also not created. When I try to repeat the task now with directory created before installation, ISP gives an error that the script is already installed there. The site uses https with hsts.
    Another thing that happened after that is when I try to change the configuration of the site and save it, the red circle stays there forever (more than a day now) saying: Update website settings: 1
    I even rebooted the server, nothing helps.
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh gives me:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (31331). Continuing.
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/aps_installer.inc.php:106
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/aps_installer.inc.php(655): ApsInstaller->getContentFromZIP('/usr/local/ispc...', 'APP-META.xml')
    #1 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/aps_plugin.inc.php(87): ApsInstaller->installHandler('1', 'install')
    #2 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/plugins.inc.php(120): aps_plugin->install('aps_instance_up...', Array)
    #3 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mods-available/web_module.inc.php(170): plugins->raiseEvent('aps_instance_up...', Array)
    #4 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/modules.inc.php(285): web_module->process('aps_instances', 'u', Array)
    #5 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/modules.inc.php(218): modules->raiseTableHook('aps_instances', 'u', Array)
    #6 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php(180): modules->processDatalog()
    #7 {main}
    thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/aps_installer.inc.php on line 106
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Please advise.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

run:

apt-get install php7.0-zip

3. emcee

emcee New Member

Thank you! The zip module did the trick. Am I missing other important modules, too? I installed modules as per this guide, but used 7.0 modules, all that I could find.

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

5. emcee

emcee New Member

Yes I know there isn't. I just installed Digitaloceans's Ubuntu 16.04 LEMP image and followed Howto's 15.10 tutorial. I replaced everything php5 with php7.0. I didn't change much of the rest. It works just fine, except the trouble Till helped me sort out. I'll see in a few days if anything else pops up. I did'n manage to get mariadb working though, so I used mysql. But that's OK with me.

6. till

Just a sidenote: A LAMP image is a bad starting point for an ispconfig server as it has already services like apache and mysql installed which can be configured wrong, so the ispconfig server will not work properly at the end. Always chose a minimal server as starting point to be on the safe side :)

7. emcee

emcee New Member

I agree. However this 16.04 image worked OK. It had nginx already installed but I had to configure mysql and install other services myself. To my knowledge it had no other unneccessary services installed.

8. BMT

BMT New Member

It's a bit old thread, but the problem is the same. App install stuck at "installation_task".
    We are running ISPConfig 3.1.11 (multiserver) on Ubuntu 16.04 (upgraded from 14.04 without any issues).
    I believe that the problem with package and not being able to download. After fresh Apps package update, the URL in the DB is as follow:
    https://apscatalog.com/1.2/wordpres...ackager=Plesk&os=undefined&platform=undefined
    If I try to open that URL, I am getting:

403 Forbidden
    nginx

Is it only me, or there is a problem with apscatalog.com or even something was recently changed?
    Cheers,
    -Tiho

9. till

It might be that they removed that package, did you try to run an update of the package list?

10. BMT

BMT New Member

Hi Till,
    Indeed I have updated the package list several times and all the new apps are there (in the master DB).
    I don't think that package was removed, because if you manually navigate and try to download the package, again it's forbidden (403):
    https://apscatalog.com/1.2/wordpress.org.atom

11. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

12. BMT

BMT New Member

Thanks Jesse. I can also confirm that your URL is working just fine.
    Well, I'll just use that URL in the DB as a temp "hack".
    Edit# that "hack" did the trick and the app install just completed successfully. Case closed and let's wait and see if the new package (or this one) will be fixed.
    Btw, is there a process or form to indicate to apscatalog about such ... bugs?

Cheers,
    -Tiho

Last edited: May 22, 2018