The changes to sites, ssl etc... stop changing last week

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by senormedia, Sep 16, 2020.

1. senormedia

senormedia Member HowtoForge Supporter

i installed a new ispconfig(apache) in a brand new clean debian 10 server, followed the instructions and everything and still shell user did not work

Its currently working on my clients ispconfig, the only difference is that his is on nginx and im trying to do apache

error i get when i run
    jk_update -j /var/www/clients/client1/web1

ERROR: while scanning dir /var/www/clients/client1/web1/opt/: No such file or directory

@Jesse Norell
    Tried everything you told me and did not work

i also did
    https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/

Had no errors

new user: name=modifiedarts_conchita, UID=5004, GID=5005, home=/var/www/clients/client1/web1, shell=/bin/bash
    Oct 9 05:26:02 station usermod[3867]: change user 'modifiedarts_conchita' shell from '/bin/bash' to '/bin/false'
    Oct 9 05:26:02 station usermod[3867]: lock user 'modifiedarts_conchita' password
    Oct 9 05:26:06 station usermod[4895]: change user 'modifiedarts_conchita' home from '/var/www/clients/client1/web1' to '/var/www/clients/client1/web1/./home/modifiedarts_conchita'
    Oct 9 05:26:06 station usermod[4903]: change user 'modifiedarts_conchita' shell from '/bin/false' to '/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh'
    Oct 9 05:26:06 station usermod[4909]: change user 'web1' home from '/var/www/clients/client1/web1' to '/var/www/clients/client1/web1/./home/web1'
    Oct 9 05:26:06 station usermod[4922]: unlock user 'modifiedarts_conchita' password
    Oct 9 05:26:06 station CRON[3827]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    Oct 9 05:26:20 station sshd[4934]: Received disconnect from 166.170.44.226 port 62821:11: [preauth]
    Oct 9 05:26:20 station sshd[4934]: Disconnected from authenticating user modifiedarts_conchita 166.170.44.226 port 62821 [preauth]

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

You can use --skip to fix that (I believe "--skip=/opt").

You removed the extra includesections prior to creating the jail? Do you get any error if you create a jail manually? Eg. add a new website (test.com or whatever), without a shell user or cronjob, then run "jk_init -j /var/www/clients/client2/web2 basicshell" from root cli.

3. senormedia

tried that stuff did not work

so went to my working ispconfig and the only thing different i can find was on sshd_config
    PasswordAuthentication no
    so i changed that to yes
    service ssh restart and it worked

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I told you that in message #16.

Jesse Norell likes this.
  5. senormedia

@Taleman
    You are correct i apologize, got confused