The Perfect Server CentOS 7.2 with Apache...

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by spido, Oct 28, 2016.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. but you should change all passwords:

shell root user
    ispconfig admin user
    the mysql root user with phpmyadmin and in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

and change the hostname in /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname, /etc/postfix/main.cf

At the moment we do not plan to add other formats than OVF/OVA as that's the most widely supportet vendor neutral format for virtual machine images.

2. till

Boot speed does not matter for a server and CentOS shows you just the boot prompt earlier while it starts the services in background. That you see the boot prompt does not mean that the server is ready and all services are started.

3. spido

spido Member

I understood.
    Thanks for answers.

4. spido

spido Member

I follow your advice and installed a virtual machine with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, on ESXi 6.0.

I have noticed a strange behavior of the keyboard.
    If I press Z, then I get the Y, if I press /, I get -.
    To get / I need to press Shift + 7.

How can I fix it?

5. till

6. spido

spido Member

7. spido

spido Member

I convert a virtual machine The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 16.04 for Hyper-V 1 generation.
    The virtual machine is successfully converted and run on Hyper-V.
    There is one problem: Filed to start Raise network interfaces.
    See screenshot.

I have read here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us.../supported-ubuntu-virtual-machines-on-hyper-v

1. Static IP injection may not work if Network Manager has been configured for a given Hyper-V-specific network adapter on the virtual machine. To ensure smooth functioning of static IP injection please ensure that Network Manager is turned off completely or has been turned off for a specific network adapter through its ifcfg-ethX file.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManager
    Next, I enter the command: sudo stop network-manager
    but it does not work
    Or I enter sudo systemctl stop NetworkManager.service
    This does not work either.

How to turn off the Network Manager?
    And I'm moving in the right direction to solve the problem with the network connection?

Attached Files:

8. till

The IP address s configured in /etc/network/interfaces file directly, NetworkManager is not used and you normally wont use it on a server which has a static IP, but if you want to use it instead of configuring the network configuration in /etc/network/interfaces, then install it.

9. spido

spido Member

I use a virtual machine The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
    Apache2 - works well, the ISPConfig works well, but does not work PhpMyAdmin.
    I'm trying to open a page https://192.168.1.100:8080/phpmyadmin/ - and get an error. See screenshot.
    Why is this happening?

Attached Files:

10. spido

spido Member

Virtual Machine - The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus) with Apache, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Postfix, Dovecot and ISPConfig 3.1 has an error PhpMyAdmin.

You can correct the error of the virtual machine and then upload the corrected virtual machine to download?

11. till

There is no error in the virtual machine, you just used a wrong URL to access PHPMyAdmin. PHPMyAdmin can not be accessed on port 8080, port 8080 is exclusively reserved for the ispconfig control panel, you can not call any other apps trough port 8080.

The correct url to access PHPMyAdmin is:

http://192.168.1.100/phpmyadmin

12. spido

spido Member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  13. spido

spido Member

File /var/log/apache2/error.log has errors:

Code:
    [Thu Nov 24 19:29:09.866924 2016] [:error] [pid 1512] [client 192.168.1.199:53908] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/usr/share/php/php-gettext/gettext.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /usr/share/phpmyadmin/libraries/select_lang.lib.php on line 477
    [Thu Nov 24 19:29:58.258673 2016] [:error] [pid 3282] [client 192.168.1.199:53915] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/usr/share/php/php-gettext/gettext.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /usr/share/phpmyadmin/libraries/select_lang.lib.php on line 477

Tell me how can I fix it?

14. spido

spido Member

I found the cause of the error.
    The directory /usr/share/php has no php-gettext package.
    You need to install php-gettext.
    sudo apt-get install php-gettext

Thereafter PhpMyAdmin works fine.

Why it was not installed package php-gettext in a virtual machine?

15. spido

spido Member

Now I can not log in PhpMyAdmin, as the root user
    I enter the root login, password howtoforge, but get an error # 1698 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'.

How can I get in PhpMyAdmin?
    You have the documentation, how to change all the passwords in a virtual machine for all services?
    I am ready to buy the documentation.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  16. till

Ubuntu does not allow root logins trough localhost by default in mysql. You can deactivate this restriction with this command:

echo "update user set plugin='' where User='root';" | mysql -root -p mysql

Change the password of the administrator shell user with the passwd command, change the mysql root password in mysql and in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf. Change the password of the ispconfig mysql user in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php and in mysql, then download the ispconfig.tar.gz file, unpack it and run an update with "reconfigure services = yes" to update all config files.

17. spido

spido Member

Via SSH, I entered this command, but received an error:

MySQL provides another user that has all privileges?
    How can I enter a user in PhpMyAdmin? What username and password?

18. till

You have to run the command as root user, so run: "sudo -s" first.

19. spido

spido Member

I entered the command:
    Everything went well.
    After that I wanted to enter in PhpMyAdmin, as root, and then got the error:

20. spido

spido Member

MySQL provides another user that has all privileges?
    How can I enter a user in PhpMyAdmin? What username and password?

If I myself will create a MySQL user database that has all the privileges, which interrupts the work ISPConfig?