The Perfect Server - Debian 11 (Bullseye) ?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by HSorgYves, May 6, 2022.

1. SirAdams

SirAdams New Member

I did not make any modifications to the settings when installing, I used the tutorial from this post. The only change to the site configuration from the panel was:
    DocumentRoot {DOCROOT_CLIENT}/www

The installation on the described system was clean i.e. with NetInstall, followed by autoinstaller and then running the website.
    I don't claim that this page is typical. To make it work I made 2 changes.
    1. Default php to 7.4 in apache2.
    2. described in the previous post.
    PHPinfo was working but the page was not. Only after installing these packages began to work.

I am making this page supposedly by myself.

Below is an excerpt from the log. Maybe you can read something from it.
    I can only do a test, when it finishes making a page, and uninstall the packages and then see what happens.

[Tue May 17 13:09:05.916045 2022] [php:error] [pid 14489] [client :55962] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught UnexpectedValueException: The stream or file "/var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/log/errors/d-2022-05-17.log" could not be opened in append mode: Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/system/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/StreamHandler.php:110\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/system/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/RotatingFileHandler.php(120): Monolog\\Handler\\StreamHandler->write()\n#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/system/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/AbstractProcessingHandler.php(39): Monolog\\Handler\\RotatingFileHandler->write()\n#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/system/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Logger.php(344): Monolog\\Handler\\AbstractProcessingHandler->handle()\n#3 /var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/system/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Logger.php(614): Monolog\\Logger->addRecord()\n#4 /var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/system/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/ErrorHandler.php(189): Monolog\\Logger->log()\n#5 [internal function]: Monolog\\ErrorHandler->handleFatalError()\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/system/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Handler/StreamHandler.php on line 110

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Looks to me as if you either uploaded the files as the wrong user/group (all files in a site must be owned by the web user and client group of that site) or you disabled suexec in site settings (suexec is on by default unless you disable it) or you use a wrong PHP mode like mod_php (which does not work for CMS systems that want to write files into the site as mod_php is not capable to run as the right user via suexec).

To fix the issue:

1) Take care that PHP mode is set to php-fpm and that you have chosen a PHP version that is supported by the CMS version that runs in that site.
    2) Take care the suexec checkbox is activated in the site settings.
    3) Fix the file ownership of the files of that site with:

chown -R web9:client1 /var/www/clients/client1/web9/web/*