The Perfect Server - Replacing server1.example.com

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by stevebor1, Jun 30, 2010.

1. stevebor1

stevebor1 New Member

Hello,

I have done an install and even used a VM Image, and to play it safe I used the default "server1.example.com" as I learned along.

Now that I got a working box, how do I replace all instances of "server1.example.com" on my system? - clearly it can't be done only in ISPConfig.

I am using Centos 5.5 and ISPConfig 3.0.2.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think you can run
    Code:
    system-config-network
    and change your hostname there.

3. stevebor1

stevebor1 New Member

I have done that but still see server1.example.com in my maillog / postfix. I noticed in postfix main.cf there were two occurances of "server1.example.com"

Is there anywhere else this gets inserted or automatically updated when a service is restarted?

4. 3rods

3rods New Member

I think I have a similar issue. I deleted the server "server1.example.com" from ISP config 3 and there seems to be no way to add another server - effectively destroying the config. Unless I'm missing something.

This feature should be improved; at the very least, letting the end user know that removing the server is going to ruin his setup (because there is no way to add it back in the web interface).

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you post your main.cf? What's in /etc/hosts, and what are the outputs of
    Code:
    hostname
    and
    Code:
    hostname -f
    ?