The Perfect Server - Ubuntu Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server) - I am Lost..

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Leow, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Leow

Leow New Member

Server with ISPConfig3..

I am just curious if I am going to install ISPConfig 3 onto a server instead of a desktop-server, would I just use the way as stated in the documentation page also?

Do I need to add in the changes here?:

vi /etc/network/interfaces

and..

vi /etc/hosts

which is something being taught in the perfect server tutorial, (Hardy Heron).

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. Leow

Leow New Member

I am sorry about my topic, "I am Lost" sounds ridiculous..

Actually, I had it(ISPConfig 3) working on my desktop already. But I am thinking about installing one in my server.

Would the steps taken from the ISPConfig documentation website be the same?

I mean how is it supposed to talk to the other client computers in my house?

Do I need to change my address from the file vi etc/network/interfaces? and vi /etc/hosts?

Other than that, I had not found anything yet in differences...in regards to Perfect server set up.

Reason I asked is because I read a post somewhere in this forum says that the tutorial posted is for the setup for ISPConfig 2.

Thank you very much.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Which distribution are you using? If it's Ubuntu 8.10, I will publish a "Perfect Server" guide for ISPConfig 3 in a few days.

4. Leow

Leow New Member

Distribution: Ubuntu Hardy Heron. (LTS) 8.04.2

Thanks, Falko. But the mystery of me understanding it is this: After following exactly the Howto - At last it says if I wish, I may install ISPConfig (version n) now, how exactly is the control panel accessible from my server. See, I was trying on a 'server' instead of a desktop/server.

Thank you in advance.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The tutorial you've followed is for ISPConfig 2, not 3.