The Perfect Setup... IMAP help???

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by leon, Apr 22, 2005.

1. leon

leon New Member

I have just completed a third installation of SuSE 9.2 following the SuSE Perfect Setup document to the letter. Now, for the third time in a row, I can get everything to work accept IMAP. For some reason (which I am having some trouble with) I can't connect an email client with IMAP to the server. I keep getting a bad username or password response. I am 100% sure that the username and password combination is good but still it will not work.

Could you possibly give me an idea where I should look to solve this problem??

Leon

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

When you try to connect to your SuSE system using IMAP, do you see corresponding log entries in /var/log/mail? If there are no messages at all that indicate that you are trying to connect then it might be a firewall issue.

3. leon

leon New Member

The error messages that I am getting in /var/log/mail are:

Code:
    Apr 20 22:16:00 webmail imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:192.168.10.107]
    Apr 20 22:16:00 webmail imapd: chdir Maildir: No such file or directory
    Should I have created a Mail directory somewhere??

Leon

4. falko

Code:
    Should I have created a Mail directory somewhere??
    Yes, you must create a directory called Maildir in the user's home directory. It must belong to that user and have the privileges 700. You might also have to create the directories cur, new and tmp in the Maildir directory, with the same owner and permissions as Maildir itself.

5. leon

leon New Member

That was it!! Thanx a million!!

It's working like a charm now.

Leon

6. matrixn

matrixn New Member

where i have to create the maildir directory? ... i`m on suse 11.0 with an ispconfig 2.2.24 and roundcube.. and i`m not able to login.

mail.info :

Code:
    ns:/ # tail -f /var/log/mail.info 
    Aug  6 14:26:00 ns postfix/master[18317]: daemon started -- version 2.5.1, configuration /etc/postfix
    Aug  6 14:27:13 ns imapd: chdir Maildir: No such file or directory
    Aug  6 14:27:30 ns imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=web6_admin, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Aug  6 14:28:29 ns postfix/master[18317]: terminating on signal 15
    Aug  6 14:28:30 ns postfix/postfix-script[18487]: starting the Postfix mail system
    Aug  6 14:28:30 ns postfix/master[18488]: daemon started -- version 2.5.1, configuration /etc/postfix
    Aug  6 14:28:40 ns imapd: chdir Maildir: No such file or directory
    Aug  6 14:28:52 ns imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=web6_admin, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Aug  6 14:29:03 ns imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=admin, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Aug  6 14:29:20 ns imapd: chdir Maildir: No such file or directory
    Aug  6 14:30:09 ns imapd: chdir Maildir: No such file or directory

7. falko

Please send an email to that account. The Maildir gets created automatically once the first email arrives.

8. matrixn

matrixn New Member

sorry.. i have fixed.. i forgot to check the mailbox option in ispconfig :(... now it works...

thanks for your reply...