The problem with linux.

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by Mushrooshi, May 14, 2008.

1. Mushrooshi

Mushrooshi New Member

Hey guys.

So, I am trying to set up a webserver. The deadline is roughly June 15th, a week before my domain and host expire.

So, heres the deal.

I got everything set up. Everything works. Absolutely everything. Except on thing:

My mom wants to play spider solitaire. She isn't happy with ANY of the other ones, and EVERY version (at least 20) isn't "exactly like the other one".

I would be eternally (not rly) grateful if you would be able to get me a microsoft windows spider game that is almost exactly, if not exactly the same as the windows one. Including graphics, style, buttons, and such. Everything.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you tried to run the windows game on linux with "wine"? Solitaire is not a graphics intensive game and might work well with wine.

3. Mushrooshi

Mushrooshi New Member

I thanked, this is working flawlessly.

4. ml27381

ml27381 New Member

Please help me how to install thing in Wine. Do we need the .exe file?

I want to install some popcap games, which beside the .exe files, there are some k*y gen file :)o, but can't help it, sorry). How can we manage this k*ygen stuff ?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

6. dishawjp

dishawjp New Member

Probably a bit late considering the date of the original post, but have you tried "spider" in the Aisle Riot solitaire game generally included with most distros? It's a pretty good match for Windows' spider solitaire.

Jim Dishaw

7. sayad

sayad New Member

8. badabing

badabing New Member

Sorry but lol! U installed a webserver and your mom wants to play solitaire? I dont get the link between them..

9. sayad

sayad New Member

hey , nice mom and boy partner ship , you wanna make some tthing for the real by creating the webserver , and you momy wants to play solitarie , hey , it is tiem you both fethced individula pc !

10. jiggleo

jiggleo New Member

knew I would find the one problem w/Linux

Just didn't know we as Linux would look so golden. If that's the biggest problem we can find, damn, we look good when next to microsoft.