The reseller was not deleted.

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbound, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

hi guys
    I've got this reseller named as "resller" under admin group in reseller folder which I am trying to delete, and I've deleted all elements from packages to site and clients but its sell gives following error on deleting, i've even emptied all recycles but the same

thanks

error:
    The reseller was not deleted.

The reseller can only be deleted if all sites and customers of the reseller have been deleted. Also make sure that the waste-paper basket of the reseller is empty.

2. domino

domino New Member

Hi,

I have had this message before. Just make sure that you empty the trash before you do anything. Also I found that the system may take 5 min to delete/ empty the trash. If it becomes a problem, try to browse ISPC from a different browser to see if it gives you the same error. Worse comes to worse, maybe till will tell you how to hard code to fix the problem.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The error means that an object (website, user, DNS-Record, etc.) is assigned to this reseller and it cant be deleted before this object is deleted.

1) Have you deleted all sites that belongs to this reseller?
    2) Every reseller has its own trash folder, check the trash of this reseller if it is empty, i not empty it.

As domino described it may take some time when you delete an object until you can remove it from the trash, because ISPConfig has first to write the changes to the config files before it can be removed from the database.