THEME: ispc-larry

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by cfoe, Apr 29, 2012.

1. cfoe

cfoe ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I did a lot of testing and giving the current revision from the git repo a run and some feedback will be much appreciated ;-)

It's for the current SVN version.

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I just did a test run and it looks nice so far, but really the module background (images/bg_module.png) hurts my eyes ;) Something plain would be better I think.

The side bar (foe services) can be easily deleted or modified in the theme template file I think, so it's fine.

Some pages still look not complete like the tools -> change password page and all pages with titles that take two (or more) lines break the page title bar.
    On some pages like the password settings there is a red "tab-like" element near the title.

One more thing (but I think it's ispc-related): I didn't find a way making the theme the default one, even for the login page. I have to apply it for every client and the login page is still in default theme.

Really nice work so far - once it is completed I think it will be the default theme for our customers.

Edit: I tried replacing the above mentioned background image with #e5eff7, that looks more friendly to my eyes ;)
    Edit 2: Just came across a problem: the globalsearch box should be scrollable as it adds a scrollbar to the main browser window on many entries, this looks really bad on the interface.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  3. cfoe

I dont really love it either so I will experiment with some changes until the 3.0.5 release

Planned features of the side bar: OFF or ON: Retractable; Cats and Apps can be defined with: Icon, Title, Description, Link + Target

Yes, I was on it a long time today but I am not ready yet

The language strings with a linebreak are non standard and should/must be split into title and desc in the language files. :mad:

What do you mean? empty tabs? The tab style is definitely not the finish. The small red tabs are looking scary bad.

For the users there doesnt seem to be any option to change the theme in bulk. You might need to make the changes by SQL directly to the DB.
    To make it the default for the system (inclusive the login) you need to change the default theme in the interface/lib/config.inc.php :D

Thanks for that

Will do :)

4. Croydon

Just had a big problem ;)
    I changed a domain and suddenly it stopped working - after a bit of investigating I realized that I had set up a custom php version for this web but the larry theme misses the additional php version selection in the web config.
    So the php version was set to "default" once I saved the site.

5. cfoe

Added and pushed to GitHub this second.
    I have to check all edit sites for missing fields soon.

I also added a max-height of 500px + scrollbar from content >500px to the globalsearch resultbox to all themes (ispc-larry, default, default-v2) ;)

6. cfoe

What do you think about these options?

A:
    [​IMG]

B:
    [​IMG]

C:
    [​IMG]

7. Croydon

Type "a". But imho they should be smaller.

8. Croydon

Are there installation instructions for the current development version of the theme?
    Seems as if the directory structure has changed completely.

9. cfoe

in the current state just move 'interface' folder to /usr/local/ispconfig/ and overwrite all files (only necessary if you have an old version of ispc-larry installed; for a fresh install no files will be overwritten :) )

The rest is not working yet.

Give me a few minutes to push the sql data to let you test the first features in admin and tools module.

10. cfoe

I have pushed the sql data.

import sql/ispc-larry.sql for very limited functionality in the admin and tools module.

The restructuring was needed for the packaging of the install package to be installed like ispconfig itself from cli and later from the repo feature via sh script

11. Croydon

Ok, I tested it and the theme itself works.
    There are missing texts, but I don't know if it is because of the theme or the language file :)

12. cfoe

some texts are missing because there are no language vars in the ispconfig svn version for it and I may not have hardcoded the words but it shouldnt be many.

I am getting to it in the svn soon. ;-)

13. Croydon

The database creation is missing the website-select box in the larry theme.

14. cfoe

fixed.

For the 3.0.5 release the language files still need a lot of cleaning up.

15. hellkat

hellkat New Member

There's also a bug in the theme that seems to affect the overview page of the monitor module when you have multiple ISPConfig servers. In our case we have 4 but you can only see two of them and they're not displaying correctly (first is normal, second is offset but stretched, the third and fourth are not visible at all.

16. cfoe

Thanks, I will look into it.

Please dont use it in a production environment in the current state.
    A stable version will be available with ISPConfig 3.0.5

17. Croydon

After upgrading to latest svn version of ispc I get:

Warning: include_once(/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/tools/lib/interface.d/tpl_ispc-larry.menu.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/tools/lib/module.conf.php on line 35

18. cfoe

I do not get the error.

The missing file is in the repo.
    Apply all files in the interface folder to /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/*

This way the tools module is filled with all necessary files.

19. Croydon

Sorry, my fault. I thought i had no larry theme on that server but it was enabled in that users settings.

20. pawan

pawan Member

SQL folder in the downloaded ispc larry theme

I have applied the larry theme 1.2 to my ispconfig 3.0.5 alpha. It really looks nice.

I have imported the sql from the sql folder. But there are two other folders incremental and lib, what to do with those folders.

I also observed two other problem

1. Mail user interface - items are not aligned properly.
    2. In the website tab - options - cannot select directive snippets, which is possible in default theme.