Translation HowTo

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by SupuS, Aug 28, 2006.

1. digicon

digicon New Member

hi supus, i have a question on tranlating

am new at ispconfig, now i have translate Isp config in japanese from english, i have already change all en.lng files by the direction from this forums, (i make jp.lng files )
    but the problem now i am facing is ,
    1. after completing translation including changing the charshet of config.inc.php(i changed it to UTF-8) , when i add client and login to that client management by browser, then nothing can be seen in browser. (firefox)
    2.if i login by using Internet Explorer, the management tools doesnt reloaded,
    its give a massege like
    Ordner werden geladen....
    Loading folders....

is that anything probelm of my setting over tranlating? or the charshet i have choosed for ispconfig (UTF-8) is not appropiate for the translation of ispconfig.
    on the other hand, the distribution is centos 5.1 ,and running over the kernel
    2.6.18-53.1.14.el5xen.
    please give me some suggegsotion.

2. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi SCelik

I tried set db to utf8 when installing on gentoo but ISPConfig seems to be incompatible with it so I have to use iso88591 with czech too (I didn't try iso88592). Czech special letters are on the end of the list.

3. SCelik

SCelik New Member

But utf8 is neccesary for a software that has many languages :( Well, maybe in 3.x ? And it's good for a standard meta line for all languages? So we don't need to work on html files..

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  4. Mike.G

Mike.G New Member

Hi, everyone,
    I had translated those languages files to Chinese Version.
    and I had changed the configuration files, and I used the UTF-8 as the encoding code, and
    when I open the browser access the login page, it show the Chinese version web page, I think it it successed, but when I login in the system, I found the whole system is english version stiill, why ? what's that happen?
    will i changed some options in control panel? but I had tried to found out what's that option, but i am failed, who can help me?
    and I had sent email to Till, and sent those language files to him,
    pls help me take a look.

thanks very much, everyone.

Mike.G

5. Mike.G

Mike.G New Member

hello, guys,

I am use UTF-8 TOO.
    after you login , you can see the correct menu(I mean after translate menu)?

Mike.G

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hello Mike,

please make sure that your files are named cn.lng, the part before the .lng must be 2 chars long, not longer. If this does not help, you will have to change the files to a specific locale, utf-8 is not tested with ISPConfig and I guess it might cause troubles.

7. Mike.G

Mike.G New Member

Hi, Till,
    I had changed all files name from zh-cn to cn.but can't work too.

I am not sure what's happen.

but I think it may be not encoding issue.

let me try to debug .

thanks

Mike.G

8. altaibskt

altaibskt New Member

Hi there!

i am new here, and i would love to trans ISPConfig to Arabic, but i do not have any plase to test and i would realy need to test it online because i have to change it from left to right and i need to do some staff with the encoding to fitt the arabic... so how can we fix this

i have free time about one week from today... may be we can do it...

9. Leszek

Leszek Member

You'd have to install ISPConfig somewhere and edit the hosts file to use a local domain name (/etc/hosts file for Linux).

10. servermonitoring

servermonitoring New Member

Great :cool:

11. bigpaper

bigpaper New Member

I would also like to thank for the great config. It happens quite rare to find one to install and launch. Feel free to update if anything.

12. Daniel57

Daniel57 New Member

very helpful guide. This can be referred to those are looking for translation guidelines.