Trouble ticket I put in with a software developer

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by happz, Feb 7, 2011.

1. happz

happz Member

I'm running a site that has a function to upload video and it get converted by ffmpeg. It will not work using this web script. I put a ticket in with them and here is the response. Any one know what I can do on my server because this isn't making sense? I'm running Debian (lenny) with ispconf3.

1) The PHP functions exec and shell_exec are not accessible by PHP. You can check this from the Stats > Server Information page in your admin panel. If these functions are not enabled, you will need to update the php.ini file for your server to enable these functions.

2) this was just to check my ffmpeg path..

3) The PHP directive open_basedir may be enabled on your server which may restrict SocialEngine's ability to access directories outside the list of directories specified for this directive. You can also check to see if this directive is enabled from the Stats > Server Information page in your admin panel. If it is disabled, update the php.ini file for your server and disable this directive.

These are the 3 things they say I should check...#2 was to make sure of my path which I did...

Any help would be appreciated.

Happz

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please check your php.ini and make sure that the functions exec and shell_exec are not disabled in it.

Go to the PHP open_basedir field on the Options tab of your web site in ISPConfig and add all directories that your applications needs access to.

3. happz

happz Member

As far as this, it comes with the default so I will see that it is looking for.

Happz