Trouble with Webmail users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rodriglm, Dec 28, 2005.

1. rodriglm

rodriglm New Member

Im having trouble with managing Webmail users with ISPConfig(FC4). Heres my issue:

I had originally added one user to webmail through ISPConfig during initial setup. I am able to log in to Webmail and manage my inbox. Now, I added another user and this user can not log in.

As part of the troubleshooting that ive done i deleted all accounts(Also from the recycle bin), and the original account can still log in to webmail. Is there something Im missing :confused: , I logged out and back in to ISPConfig. I gave it enough time and tried it again, thinking it needed some time for the changes to take effect.... The only thing i havent done is log off completely from root, and reboot. I hope i dont have to do this since the server is in a remote location :( .

Also, does anyone know what i can use to remote into the server that does not require a user to be logged in like VNC? That way i can reboot the server remotely.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. rodriglm

rodriglm New Member

Hmmmm?!?!?!

Ok, so i found out why i cant log in with the other user, and i hoe there is a workaround. I have to put the whole qualified name in the user field in orther to log in. For example i have to put in the username "[email protected]" in order to be able to log in.

This might pose a problem for me, please tell me i dont have to put in all that in the username.

Also Im still having the problem with my original account still being able to log in but it is deleted.:confused: Dont know why...

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Normally it should work with the email address. There is some code in UebiMiau that tries to find the correct username by email address. Dont know why it fails in your case.

Maybe the deleted account is still in the recycle bin?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You'll always need a user that's logged in, otherwise anyone could misuse your server.
    You can connect to your server via SSH. On Windows, there's an SSH client available: PuTTY ( http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html )

5. rodriglm

rodriglm New Member

I have password authentication with VNC and I'm connecting through VPN to my workplace so im not worried about security. I wnat to know if there is something i can use like Terminal Services in Windows(RDP). Where no user needs to be logged in, but if you want to log in to the server(or Workstation), you go through an authentication process....

Will this link help me???

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, SSH is the way to connect to a linux server for administration.