Ubuntu 16 to 22.04 turn down ispconfig even update is not working either

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by razareal, Nov 18, 2022.

1. razareal

razareal New Member

I have upgraded to ubuntu 22.04 from 16 but I didn't know ISPConfig 3.1 will turn down. I downloaded 3.2.9. I am getting error on upgrade as well as not able to reinstall keep showing error. I am worried about data which is present throuhg it. Here are the below issues when i tried update.php

>> Update

Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_runtime() in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php:48
    Stack trace:
    #0 /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php(112): include_once()
    #1 {main}
    thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php on line 48

Need urgent solution on this.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This function does not exist in ISPConfig 3.2.9 in that file. See here: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/blob/develop/install/tpl/config.inc.php.master
    This means that you either did not update to 3.2.9b1 yet or that you are using a custom template file for config.inc.php.master in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ which overrides the new file from ISPConfig 3.2.9b1.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. razareal

razareal New Member

I tired to update but same error I had been getting but now I am trying to remove / uninstall but I am not able to do that too.
    What's the best possibility? I am am trying to up sites manally thorugh apache as I can't find proper way to fix it on u22.04

4. till

The fix is easy, just fix both config.inc.php files based on the 3.2.9 version, might even be enough to comment out the get_magic_quotes_runtime() line. Do not try to run uninstall, it will break your system.

5. razareal

razareal New Member

location of config.inc.php ?

6. till

You posted the path in post #1 yourself, copied from your post:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php

This should be enough to run the update successfully, which then replaces the other file too.

As a general note on your issue: When updating such an old system like Ubuntu 16.04, update in steps like 18.04, then 20.04) and always take care to run an ispconfig update after each step, then such issues do not happen. And of course, do not update to a version that is not listed as to be compatible with the software you use.

razareal likes this.
  7. razareal

razareal New Member

I have just commit the below line:
    #if(get_magic_quotes_runtime()) set_magic_quotes_runtime(false);

What to do next?

8. razareal

razareal New Member

I have just tried to update through update command and it's asking me stable version so, I select that and now it's saying ubuntu 22.04 unknown and php version 8 is not supported

9. razareal

razareal New Member

I selected now with git-stable and its backing up files and lets see afterwards.

10. till

Of course, as a stable version is ISPConfig 3.2.8 which does not support Ubuntu 22.04. As mentioned in post #2, only Ubuntu 3.2.9 beta 1 supports Ubuntu 22.04. Choose development (git stable) version during update to get the 3.2.9 beta code.

razareal likes this.
  11. razareal

razareal New Member

I just did this and now it's stop by saying this:

Checking ISPConfig database .. WARNING: Forcing protocol to TCP due to option specification. Please explicitly state intended protocol.
    mysqlcheck: Got error: 1698: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' when trying to connect
    OK
    WARNING: Forcing protocol to TCP due to option specification. Please explicitly state intended protocol.
    ERROR 1698 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
    Unable to call mysql command line with credentials from mysql_clientdb.conf

What could be the reason here?

12. till

Either you changed mysql root password in mysql/mariadb but missed setting the new file in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf file, or you deleted the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf file.

razareal likes this.
  13. razareal

razareal New Member

Given details are right but when I tried to check db with the name of dbispconfig. there is no table in their. What does it mean?
    Do I need to create new database and old data is deleted from database ?

14. till

Probably you erased that in your prior uninstall attempt as an ISPConfig update does not drop or empty the database.

15. razareal

razareal New Member

That's fine. I will add credentials myself again. All I will have to add sites and ftps thats it because rest I had been managing externally.

16. razareal

razareal New Member

How should I create new database? Do I just have to delete that file and update process accordingly?

17. till

You can not just create a new database, you must restore a backup of the database you previously deleted. If you did not took backups before you started to upgrade your server, then you can check if there are backups of a previous update in /var/backup in the sub folder ispconfig that you might use to restore the missing database.

18. razareal

razareal New Member

I can only see these three things in backup folder
    ispconfig_db_backup.sql and it's contains:

dump date is today's one.

-- Host: localhost Database: dbispconfig
    -- ------------------------------------------------------
    -- Server version 10.6.7-MariaDB-2ubuntu1.1

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
    /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
    /*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
    /*!40101 SET NAMES utf8mb4 */;
    /*!40103 SET @OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE */;
    /*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE='+00:00' */;
    /*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
    /*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
    /*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;
    /*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE=@OLD_TIME_ZONE */;

/*!40101 SET SQL_MODE=@OLD_SQL_MODE */;
    /*!40014 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS */;
    /*!40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
    /*!40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
    /*!40101 SET COLLATION_CONNECTION=@OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
    /*!40111 SET SQL_NOTES=@OLD_SQL_NOTES */;

-- Dump completed on 2022-11-21 7:20:09

19. razareal

razareal New Member

I am tired now with this.
    I am trying to install new totally by removing database and its config files. After starting its updating almost everything and checking everything and keep giving errors on different points like on antivirus clamav it got stuck so, I disable that and than keep on other things. Need urgent solution on this.

20. till

That#s the backup that was taken after you deleted the database. if you don't have any other backups, then you can not restore your previous installation.

Who shall be able to help you if you neither mention which installation method and script you used nor say which exact error you got ....