Ubuntu 8.04/ISP Config 2/Joomla 1.5.8

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by djenn, Dec 20, 2008.

1. djenn

djenn New Member

I'm not sure where to put this. I followed the how to for ubuntu 8.04 perfect server, then installed ISPConfig, then installed a website running Joomla 1.5.8. Everything is good, at least I thought so until I needed Joomla to run a php-mail component.

Nothing at all. Went back to the ubuntu instructions and rechecked postfix, etc., looks correct.

The only problem I can find is when I try to the telnet instructions at the end of step 15 of the perfect server tutorial. I can connect to telnet but nothing after that. I enter ehlo localhost as per the instructions but nothing comes back. Also, I cannot escape out of telnet at that point. It did work when I went through the instructions the first time.

So, I guess my question is, does ISPConfig do something to change that? I stopped ISPConfig and tried it that way but have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated, I have had no problems with this on a CentOS, ISPConfig, Joomla server.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please take a look in the mail log file (/var/log/mail.log) and post the error message sthat you get there wehn you send a email with joomla.

3. djenn

djenn New Member

Thanks for the reply. Most of the error messages are:

4. djenn

djenn New Member

I solved this problem. I had installed the beta of ISPConfig 3, then ran the uninstall script. Problem is, the uninstall does not remove the complete footprint and the system was so messed up that I just did a clean install and went with ISPConfig 2.