ubuntu perfect install apache error ? and another ?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by wvsailor, Sep 13, 2006.

1. wvsailor

wvsailor New Member

I finally settled on ubuntu 6.06 since it was the only packaget that I found would pretty seamlessly install on my AMD 64 box. Kudo's to the authors on ubuntu!

1. Now, I'm having a slight problem on my second box (server2.mydomain.com). At the end of step 13 we're told to restart apache with:

/etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload

Ok, it restarts but comes back with:

apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
    apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName

And yes, it does put that up twice.

2. As I said, I'm going to have two boxes (server1.mydomain.com & server2.mydomain.com). Is there anything "special" I have to do or just completely follow the "Perfect Setup" for each box? I remember reading somewhere that I have to make sure that the IP for the second box shows up somewhere in ISPConfig on the first box. Does this mean that I don't need ISPConfig on the second box?

Again, many many Thanks to Till and Falko for the wonderful How-to's and the prompt responses on everyone's questions. If I ever win the big-bucks on the Lotto I'll be sure to send ya'll some $$$! :D

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Have you assigned a fully qualified domoan name. e.g. server1.yourdomain.com to the server that is correctly registered in DNS and points to your server IP?

2) Just follow the perfect setup for each of your servers.