Ubuntu server 14.04 / IspConfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ChrS, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ChrS

ChrS New Member

Dear members,

After a fresh install following tutorial http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-14.04-apache2-php-mysql-pureftpd-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3, excepted for bind and a reboot, i'm not able to connect to my dedicated server throught internet and can only access to rescue mode (a mini distrib allowing to mount server partition). I suppose a Bastiile trouble, didn't see any relevant log, and would like to know if there is a way to disable Bastille or any job started from ispconfig at startup that may affect network config. all of that can be done only from rescue mode.

thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The bsatille firewall is not installed and started automatically when you install ispconfig. Bastille is only enabled after you logged into ispconfig and then added a firewall record inside ispconfig.

If you wnat to disable bastille, then run:

insserv -r bastille-firewall

or

update-rc.d bastille-firewall remove

ispconfig is also not adding any services started at boot time.

3. ChrS

ChrS New Member

Thanks for your reply!

I have to find somthing else...

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is unlikely that the problem is directly related to ispconfig as ispconfig is not starting anything at boot time. Check the syslog and the bootup squence with dmesg to find out why your server is not booting.

Maybe you made a mistake while you edited /etc/fstab which causes the boot drive to fail now?