UebiMiau installation help needed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by toyito, Nov 29, 2005.

1. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

But how to remove it??? I couldn't find a solution for this risky action :confused: OK, let's accept that I already removed the webmail.zip... After that I created a site trafmeter.new.bg... First make a reseller TEST, next site for TEST (which site is trafmeter.new.bg) with domain and mysql database for it... after I made a mail account [email protected]. For now I can send and receive mails from [email protected] from all world (if I send to real existing mail-address)... How to install UebiMiau to trafmeter.new.bg if the usual way is not good. Yeah, I saw some missing features in ISPConfig's Uebi... in web-mail interface when I logged with [email protected]. Misssing part with Autoanswer option (where is the MESSAGE box?)

Oh, one interesting shi7 :D is that I couldn't find how to remove reseller TEST... there has a ADMIN by default :) which I also can't remove it! Where's the option... Blah, I don't know how to explain it - this Panel needs some improving ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2006
  2. victor

victor New Member

Still not right

OK... It seems to have installed,but.... What do I do next? Again if there was a more detailed instruction doc it would help. Questions I need to understand:

How do I configure the system to respond to webmail.servername.com

I have all installed, but when trying to connect to the server via pop from a machine on the local network I can't connect.

My understanding is that ISPConfig will work with Horde, is this true?

Thanks,
    Victor

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To remove a reseller, click on the reseller, then select delete. Thats easy and straight forward :)

You cant delete the admin. If you would delete the admin account, you wont be able to login anymore. That makes sense to me too.

4. till

ISPConfig client manual:
    http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/manual_en/manual_kunde_en_src.htm

Create a new website "webmail.servername.com" and install a webmail package their or place a redirect in the website that forwards the users to the ISPConfig UebiMiau installation on https://www.domain.tld:81/webmail/

Please post the output of:

netstat -tap

ISPConfig works with any webmail program.
    For general understanding: ISPConfig is only a controlpanel, it neither provides SMTP, pop3 imap or http services. It just configures them. The question is if your webmail program works together with your imap or pop3 daemon, not if it works with ISPConfig.

UebiMiau for example needs only a pop3 server, thats why we use it as default. Horde needs an Imap server, so if you have IMAP installed on your server, you can install and use horde as webmail client.

5. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

I mean how to install Uebi's current release after removing webmail.zip... Or I can install it without remove the old one :confused: By the way is this "HORDE" better than Uebi Miau? Please, give me a good public server where I can post screenshots to show you current status of my server!

6. till

You dont have to remove the current UebiMiau to install another UebiMiau or other webmail software in a different website like "webmail.yourdomain.com".

That depends on your personal preferences. My favorite webmail client is squirrelmail.

You can attach screenshots to your posts in this forum.

7. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Code:
    root@trafmeter:~# netstat -tap
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:mysql *:*                     LISTEN     6151/mysqld
    tcp        0      0 *:81                    *:*                     LISTEN     6349/ispconfig_http
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:domain *:*                     LISTEN     11297/named
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:domain *:*                     LISTEN     11297/named
    tcp        0      0 localhost.locald:domain *:*                     LISTEN     11297/named
    tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN     6526/proftpd: (acce
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     12766/master
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdoma:953 *:*                     LISTEN     11297/named
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1775    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1774    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:3090 localhost.localdom:pop3 TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:3091 localhost.localdom:pop3 TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1773    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1789    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1788    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1787    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1786    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1785    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1784    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1783    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1782    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1781    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1780    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1779    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1778    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1777    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 trafmeter.new.bg:81     212.116.143.110:1776    TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp6       0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     6061/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN     6096/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     6076/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     6041/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     2938/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     6289/sshd
    tcp6       0      0 ip6-localhost:953       *:*                     LISTEN     11297/named
    tcp6       0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN     2938/apache2
    tcp6       0    740 trafmeter.new.bg:ssh    ::ffff:212.116.143:1790 ESTABLISHED18316/0

Sorry for big post, but POP3 don't work. Is there an error? Maybe I made a mistake when configured mail account in Outlook Express :D ?!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2006
  8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

POP3 and IMAP are running...
    Why do you think they don't work? Do you get error messages?

9. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

No, I think :confused: I configured Outlook Express with following options:

Incoming: trafmeter.new.bg
    Outgoing: trafmeter.new.bg

E-mail address: [email protected]

Account name: [email protected]
    Password: ----

Remember password: Yes

After I started Outlook, the program connects to server and wants my password in dialog box :mad: :confused: :eek: Is this linked with certificates??? By the way I made https://trafmeter.new.bg:81/webmail/ - the default webbased mail... But the web-page changes to https://new.bg:81/webmail/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  10. till

Then you have to correct the URL setting for your controlpanel in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php from new.bg to trafmeter.new.bg. Halso have a look at the httpd.cinf file in /root/ispconfig/httpd/conf/

11. falko

You can't use the email address as account name! The account name must be something like web<id>_username, e.g. web1_testuser.

12. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

How to change this??? In my opinion for easy administration all stuff in ISPConfig must have equal names of files... why when I create accounts for everything there are different filenames... web1_... [email protected]... I think that creating of one reseller with client the names of mail accounts, web sites MUST be automatic created :mad:

13. falko

You can't change that, unless you rewrite the Uebimiau login code (have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761 ).

ISPConfig creates real system users, that's why you must use the usernames in email clients like Outlook and Thunderbird. There's no other solution - which is not really a problem because you enter your account information only once in Outlook and Thunderbird and then forget about it.

The normal Uebimiau webmail package that you can download from the Uebimiau web site would also use the usernames. But we thought that - since you must login to webmail again and again and always remember your username - nobody can remember their usernames, but their email address is no problem. And because we have the email addresses and usernames glued together in the ISPConfig database, we decided to rewrite the Uebimiau login so that you can use your email address. :)

14. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

OK, I tried with "web2_" and successfully connects to pop3 server. After that when I send a message to an existing mail-account this error apears:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'testmessage pop3', Account: 'web2_', Server: 'trafmeter.new.bg', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Any ideas?

15. till

Is the domain abv.bg hosted on your server? If not, you will have to check "Server needs authentication" in the smtp settings of your email client.

16. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

No, www.abv.bg is a popular free mail-server in my country. This time (idea from my colleague) when I created a new account in Outlook I choose IMAP instead of POP3... The error apears again. I'm really, really frustrated... I think (I'm not sure) that there's a way to create reseller with name "test" that holds client "test" with password "test" for all things - mail account, web-site, shell access, ftp...

17. falko

You must enable something like "Server requires authentication." in your email client.

18. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

It's not work! OK... Let's describe simple steps for "What can I do to run site and mail account?":

Step 1 - first I create reseller... Why RESELLER appears with "admin" icon like power-user, but there has a record in "resellers" under ADMIN?
    Step 2 - second I create client. I used one name for all - TEST... TEST for reseller, for client, for site, for mail-account, TEST also is the password for all
    Step 3 - third I create site (TEST)
    Step 4 - fourth I create mail-account TEST with password TEST. I don't create co-domains, but make a Certificate (SSL)
    Step 5 - all works through web-panels... UebiMiau too... When I make account in Outlook Express I put all things that you advise... I also turn on the SSL in Outlook. I CANNOT SEND MAILS... BUT I CAN RECEIVE?!? :eek:

19. falko

You must configure Outlook for SMTP-AUTH as described here: http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/relay/outlook-config.html

Please switch off SSL in Outlook for now.
    What's the FQDN of the site? Which SMTP server did you specify in Outlook? the FQDN of the site, or the server's IP address?

20. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Falko rockS !!! :D What is FQDN?