UebiMiau installation help needed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by toyito, Nov 29, 2005.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

FQDN: Full Qualified Domain Name

2. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

is these:
    trafmeter.new.bg - subbdomain
    ip address: 213.145.104.19

But where to check this FQDN???

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

trafmeter.new.bg is an FQDN.

4. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Ok... I know that this question is not for the topic but is there a problem if I install http://www.mydnsconfig.org/ onto our current DNS server. Which has installed a Webmin's panel for managing domains and sites :confused:

5. till

Which DNS-Server do you use on that server, BIND?

p.s. If you know that a question is offtopic, please use the correct forum and make a new thread. It makes the forum easier to read :)

6. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Yes, BIND 8.4.6 or something

7. till

Then you will have to uninstall BIND before you can install myDNSConfig.

8. falko

9. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Is this will be a problem to uninstall BIND... He is a part of succesfull installation of UBUNTU PERFECT SETUP. It is possible to say "We use myDNS instead of BIND in installtion of Ubuntu 5.10 Server for ISP"?

10. till

As long as you dont have ISPConfig installed as part of the Ubuntu 5.10, you can replace BIND with MyDNS. BIND is a system requirement for ISPConfig.

11. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Damn :mad: Is it a good idea to start separated DNS and ISPConfig machines? MyDNS and hosting server... but this BIND9 on the hosting server is a problem. Can I add records in MyDNS and BIND9 at the same time, but MyDNS is the primary DNS... BIND9 to be secondary... the only problem is DNS from our ISP. He is alternative when our current stops.

Sorry for my unsteady posts... Can you move them to correct topics? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2006
  12. falko

You can run only one of them, because they both try to bind to port 53 which means they'd conflict if they ran at the same time.

13. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Oh, I forgot... We use two machines for DNS... Our idea is to make mirror DNS of the primary. When he stops the second will run... MyDNS and BIND9

14. till

And why do you want to use bind9 plus mydns instead of bind9 on both servers and use the bind zone transfer mechanism that is builtin in ISPConfig for Zone synchronization?

15. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

The simple reason is that I like MyDNS and its config panel more than BIND9 and ISPConfig :D I know that ISPConfig has own mechanizm... but is there a chance MyDNS will implemented in next release of ISP??? Another idea - :) - the walkthrough of Ubuntu Perfect Setup must be rewrited... :rolleyes:

16. falko

Yes, MyDNSConfig will be part of ISPConfig 3.

Why? It's working perfectly for Till and me like that - just copy and paste, and it works. :)

17. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

3rd version? CooL :D Yeah, the setup works with copy/paste. But problems occur sometime :) And after that I must "attack" this forum for simple and fast solution :D Sometimes this is time-consumpting for me (maybe and for other members of the forum)

Edit: Today I installed PhpMyAdmin but when I click on phpmyadmin link from the panel there's a user and password prompt. I used localhost for username and the password of mysqladmin. I cannot enter in MyAdmin. Maybe he has own username and password?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2006
  18. falko

You must use an MySQL user and his password, for example root and the MySQL password you entered during ISPConfig installation.
    Another example: you create the database web1_db1 in ISPconfig with the user web1_u1 and the password hello.
    Then you type in web1_u1 as username and hello as password in phpMyAdmin.

19. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Code:
    mysqladmin -u root password test
    mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'
    What the ...? :confused: :mad: I tried to change the password. Logged as root :(

20. till

Have you resloaded or restarted mysql after changing the password?