UebiMiau webmail adding @localhostname to email address except first address.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Kamran Shah, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Kamran Shah

Kamran Shah New Member

UebiMiau webmail adding @localhostname to email address except first address.

I composed and sent an email to following four recipients.
    [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Email arrives at all four domains but To field looks like the one below.
    [email protected]; "[email protected]"@myserverhostname.com; "[email protected]"@myserverhostname.com; "[email protected]"@myserverhostname.com

The first email address is always fine, no matter local or public domain but it adds@whateverlocalhostis to all other email addresses, any ideas?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Can you check what the value of append_dot_mydomain in /etc/postfix/main.cf is? It should be no (append_dot_mydomain = no). If you have to change /etc/postfix/main.cf, don't forget to restart Postfix!

3. Kamran Shah

Kamran Shah New Member

UebiMiau appending @localhostname to email address except except first address.

Variable append_dot_mydomain was not defined in my original main.cf, output below:

[root@portal postfix]# grep append main.*
    main.cf.default:append_dot_mydomain = yes

After adding append_dot_mydomain = no:

[root@portal postfix]# grep append_dot_mydomain main.*
    main.cf:append_dot_mydomain = no
    main.cf.default:append_dot_mydomain = yes

After I added append_dot_mydomain = no to main.cf, restarted postfix (service postfix restart), sent a test mail but no difference.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Then maybe it's a setting in Uebimiau... Maybe you can find something (a setting) in the web interface?

5. Kamran Shah

Kamran Shah New Member

Any idea how to get the web interface for UebiMiau, I have looked at /webmail/ and /mailuser/ but can't find anything I could tweak with.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The files uebimiau files are in the directory /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/webmail/