Umlaut domains editing not possible

Discussion in 'General' started by tbasler, Sep 4, 2014.

1. tbasler

tbasler New Member

Hi,

I found following issues regarding (german) umlaut domains:

• In version 3.0.5.3 it was possible to enter the domain name with umlauts in the origin field. The value was automatically converted to puny code. I think with the new regexp as used in version 3.0.5.4p4 it's no more possible to insert umlauts
      Old Value: \w
      New Value: a-zA-Z0-9
      (In file dns_soa.tform.php line 98)
    • In version 3.0.5.3 a user (non admin) is unable to edit a umlaut domain. I think the problem is in the file dns_soa_edit.php in line 215:
      PHP:
      if(isset($this->dataRecord["origin"]) && $rec['origin'] != $this->dataRecord["origin"] && $app->tform->checkPerm($this->id'u')) {
      $rec["origin"] contains the punycode and $this->dataRecord["origin"] contains the umlaut domain. So it's not possible to edit the soa record or add any rr records.

I am not sure what of this behaviors is wanted or not but I event don't understand why the punycode isn't converted to umlauts in version 3.0.5.4 anymore. If I look at the code it should be converted. dns_soa.tform.php contains the required filters.

Thank you for your help

Thomas

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The conversion is done before the regex gets applied, so the regex is fine as it gets the already converted domain.

I tested the umlaut domain comversion in dns module in the current version (3.0.5.4p3) and it works fine, so your problem is most likely an instaööation issue and not a problem in the ispconfig code. Do you have the php-idn package installed so that ispconfig can use its punicode functions?

3. tbasler

tbasler New Member

Hm you are right. I didn't use the php-idn package so I was unable to enter the umlaut domains. But could you please test the following (I tried this on 2 different installations with the same effect).
    • Create a domain with an umlaut as the admin user and assign it to a simple user.
    • Login as the simple user previously used, select the DNS zone and click the records tab.
    If I do this, I get the following error message:
    The Zone (soa) can not be changed. Please ask your Administrator if you want to change the Zone name.

This happens with Ispconfig 3.0.5.3 and 3.0.5.4p3

4. till

I get the same error here. I've added it to the bugtracker.

5. fiesch

fiesch New Member

6. till

This fix has been released more then 6 months ago. Editing umlaut dmains works fine here with the current ispconfig version.

7. fiesch

fiesch New Member

Strange - i was just now (again) abled to reproduce this issue on 3.0.5.4p5 using the exact same method tbasler described

Attached Files:

8. till

Do you have the php-idn extension istalled so that php can convert from/to idn domains?

9. fiesch

fiesch New Member

It appears that it was not installed (added php5-intl on Debian though i did not check with phpinfo if it was there before, now that I think about it) but restarting fpm and Apache and re-trying, even with a newly created Domain (after the change) yields the same result. I should mention that umlaut Domains are handled correcly (and have been before) everywhere else, just not in the "entries" ("Einträge") tab of the dns Domain page

10. till

Just saw that patrick fixed it in master only and not stable-3.0.5, I have the master (3.1) here already, thats why it works for me. So the fix will be part of ISPConfig 3.1 version.