unable to configure website on ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Raghu M, Aug 1, 2017.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not use a different port for DNS. The DNS port 53, like other well-known ports e.g. 80, 443 and 25 can not b changed as other systems will try to connect to your server on that port. If you can't get port 53 to work, then you must either use the dns server of your domain registry instead of running your own dns server or you must put your server into a datacenter (or get a vserver in a datacenter).

2. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

ok so if i use dns server of my domain registry then ll be able to control my site from ispconfig ?

3. till

Sure, why not? Web and DNS server are independant parts of the internet infrastructure. As long as you can access port 80 and 443 from outside, then you can host a web server behind your router and firewall.

4. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

Hi Mr. Till good evening, thanks for your kind help and can u plz share some article or instructions to host multiple website in ispconfig with same static ip as i have 2 different domain and willing to control via ispconfig and will use domain registry for dns. (i hope i cant even host email server as dns port 53 is not working, even for this i need to depend on domain registry).
    Awaiting for your reply...

5. till

It does not matter how many websites you host, so the procedure is the same for one site or hundreds of sites, simply click on new website, enter the domain name and press save for each website that you want to host. and when you want to host email for a domain, then click on new mail domain, enter the domain name and press save. That's all described in the manual as well.

6. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

ok thanks, ll follow the instruction set in manual then ll keep you updated.

7. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

hi while adding domain in ispconfig do i need to point name server to name servers provided by domain registry ?

Attached Files:

8. till

You do not add any DNS zones or records in ISPConfig as you can not run a DNS server when port 53 is closed.

9. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

So shall i delete all the records for same domain then just adding domain in email is enough then ll site and email be working ?
    Sorry to keep bothering you again and again

10. till

Yes, delete the dns zones that you added in ISPConfig.

11. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

hi i am done with websites its working fine but how do i access email as mail.yashkart.com is not working. Do i need to any changes in domain registry ?

12. till

Create a DNS a-record at your domain registry for the mail subdomain that points to the external Ip of your server.

13. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

Hi good morning Mr. Till as per your instruction i had added a record for email but mail.yashkart.com is pointing to default Apache page, so may i know how do i get email thing working. Thanks

14. till

Of course, as you use it in your mail program and do not enter this domain in the web browser. Open your email program, chose to create a new email account and there enter the details of the mail account that you created in ISPConfig. The username is the complete email address.

15. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

Ok i got you but what if we need to access via webmail ?

16. till

Webmail is accessible on any domain and subdomain that points to your server under the URL /webmail or /roundcube, depending on the used setup.

17. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

Hi i tried accessing via yashkart.com/webmail or /roundcube but it comes up with error 404 not fund so do i need to install or activate any program in ubuntu.

Attached Files:

18. till

is this an apache or nginx web server?

19. Raghu M

Raghu M Member

This Apache web server

20. till