Unable to Login upon Fresh Install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sobertillnoon, Feb 5, 2015.

1. sobertillnoon

sobertillnoon New Member

I just installed the 3.0.5.4p5 version on CentOS7. Everything went just fine. the only error I got was at the very end but that was due to selinux being still on. I go to my browser and type in https://x.x.x.x:8080/ and get the login page. I type admin for the user name and admin for the password and I get an error. Ran the common issues php script and I get some weird results. It says nothing seems to be listening but I know 80 and 8080 are because I can use them. My firewall is off. My mysql server is remote but I can easily connect to that from other the command line and other scripts. I tried going into the db and resetting the pass by hand. I used md5('admin'), password('admin'), and 'admin'. they did not work. what is going on here?

EDIT: Just realised this is the error given to me after a failed login:

ERROR
    1. Error
      Username or Password empty.
    I assure you that I typed in both

here is the script output in htf_report.txt:
    http://ur1.ca/jnfj7

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that all services are listening on localhost too. If ispconfig cant connect to mysql on localhost, then you will not be able to login.

3. sobertillnoon

sobertillnoon New Member

There is no mysql on the localhost. These lines:
    $username = $app->db->quote($_POST['username']);
    $passwort = $app->db->quote($_POST['passwort']);
    in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/login/index.php do not actually set the username and passwords. that is where Im having the problems. Are you telling me, till, if there is only a remote db that I will be unable to use this software?

4. till

5. sobertillnoon

sobertillnoon New Member

I figured it out. It was a database connection error. the fqd I typed in is not real so when the user was trying to connect from that domain it gave an error. The error really should be more useful.

6. sobertillnoon

sobertillnoon New Member

Till, that is a silly requirement. And it worked out to just edit the mysql login "from host" column. and no. I followed no installation guide because when I did I ran into issues so I just tried it by going through an expert install and seeing how it went. All in all, worked out pretty well. Just a thought, maybe not have an FQD required for this. not every server has one, nor should.

7. till

ISPConfig uses the local mysql instance as fast config cache. If speed does not matter for your server, then you can run a remote mysql system off course. And btw, not using one of our tutorials is just silly as you probably missed a lot of system requirements for ispconfig. the perfect server gudies posted here are all well tested, we use it as copy / paste source for our client installs daily.