Uninstalling ISPconfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by superchicken, Feb 26, 2017.

1. superchicken

superchicken New Member

I am running OpenSuse Leap 42.2 with Apache/Mysql server. I was looking for a control panel to make configuring/debugging my server easier. I heard ISPconfig was the best, so I installed it. After 2 days (10 hours each) of trying to get it to even show the panel, I gave up and installed webmin instead, which installed and worked flawlessly immediately. Now I am setting up a mail server (postfix/dovecot/fetchmail) which has turned in to another 2 day affair because ISPconfig has changed almost every config file I can find, and some I haven't found. I used the uninstall for ISPconfig, but it has left all kinds of config issues. I have eradicated most of my ISPconfig errors, but I still have issues. Here is my latest ISPconfig errors:

postfix/smtpd[22713]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

As it is uninstalled and cannot find ISPconfig in my config files, I need to know how to get rid of ISPconfig completely. The fact that it changes the files not related to ISPconfig upsets me, webmin doesn't do that!?!?
    So the question is, what config files does ISPconfig change so I can make it right? I will post config files if requested, but as I stated earlier, I have eradicated all ISPconfig references I have found.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No wonder that it did not work, OpenSuSE Leap 42.2 is not supported by ISPConfig. You should have really looked at the list of supported operating system versions at ispconfig.org first and then choose an OS version that is supported by ISPConfig.

ISPConfig configures your system, e.g. postfix for mail accounts. How do you think that postfix can be configured without altering any of postfix config files? Correct, that not possible and that's why ispconfig has to alter config files of services that it configures, and webmin does the same. Or how do you think that webmin tells postfix to alter it's configuration without altering a config file.

You can search for all config files that contain the word ispconfig with grep:

grep -r -n ispconfig /etc/