unknown filter was not added: PHP

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ddelbia, Jan 20, 2006.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. You will have to change something in a site in the controlpanel and then click on save to get all sites rewritten.

2. bolero

bolero New Member

Ok, what would be the smallest (least intrusive) "something"? Just adding another co-domain to one web and removing it would do? (Or would a change in email or user password also trigger a rewrite of the httpd config? As this is going to happen several times I day I could just wait until a user does ....)

3. till

For example, increase the quota, change the tab, change back and decrease it again.

4. bolero

bolero New Member

Per Web settings (Vhosts_ispconfig.conf) did not get changed by changing quota, only httpd.conf got touched (but not changed). I'M missing any Filter statements for PHP, anyway. There's only Filter statements for includes. However, it *was* set to "both" before. I would expect to see an AddOutputFilter .php etc. line in each Web that has PHP enabled if "both" is set, correct?

5. till

6. bolero

bolero New Member

ISPConfig *can* change VHost_ispconfig.conf. I just added and removed a co-domain. The quota change does *not* change this file! But there are no filters for PHP that I could see. That is what I was wondering about. I changed httpd.conf to Loglevel warn, so the errors are gone. I just changed back and visited a PHP site. At the moment I'm not getting any filter error. Let's see how this proceeds. With no filters set there can't be any errors, but I thought they must have been set earlier, but I couldn't find them ...

7. till

The quota setting will not change the Vhost file because its totally unrelated, but you were talking all the time about the php settings and not quota and this thread is about the php setting and nothing else. Please post the next time what you really changed so we can save a lot of time!

8. bolero

bolero New Member

Sorry? Yes. I was talking about php. And I asked what change would trigger a rewrite of that (after setting apache2_php to "addtype"). And you told to change quota. You were the first to mention quota in this whole thread, not me. You must have confused somethign, not me :)

9. schmidtedv

schmidtedv Member HowtoForge Supporter

Well, got this in my apache2.log:

Code:
    [Wed Jul 30 20:27:46 2008] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Wed Jul 30 20:27:46 2008] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

So I thought might be a good idea to give it a try and change the value from both to addtype (Apache2 with PHP5 from the PerfectDebian Etch Setup with ISPConfig 2.2.24). then I changed a web-value and ISPConfig did a graceful restart. After this my log shows:

Code:
    [Wed Jul 30 21:44:33 2008] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
    [Wed Jul 30 21:44:34 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch11 mod_ruby/1.2.6 Ruby/1.8.5(2006-08-25) mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed Jul 30 21:44:34 2008] [warn] long lost child came home! (pid 3078)
    [Wed Jul 30 21:44:34 2008] [error] (9)Bad file descriptor: apr_socket_accept: (client socket)

As I found in another post this belongs to the graceful restart thats not working 100% in apache2 ? Or might I have to look somewhere else because this might be an serious error?

10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Try to update Apache - it should work then.

11. schmidtedv

schmidtedv Member HowtoForge Supporter

...I am up to date...however, the web-changes in ispconfig bring up the error....a real restart (not the best, but with my server the easiest way) don't...the other one, change the config to addtype still seems to work, no
    Code:
    [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    anymore.

12. cat

cat New Member

thanks

Thanks to every one this thread has been helpful:)