Updating a lot of servers in a ISPConfig multi-server system.

Discussion in 'General' started by webguyz, Jan 21, 2016.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Till,
    Was curious as to the best way to apply ISPConfig updates to dozens of servers in a multi-server ISPConfig setup. Does your hosting company do these manually or do you use some type of orchestration software like puppet to automate the upgrades?

Thanks for all you do!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi,

I'am not running a hosting company, I work as developer and consultant for hosting companies. You can use automation software like puppet or chef to administrate your servers, the ispconfig updater and installer has an automatic mode, so you can run it non interactive from within a shell script. When you open update.pho in the ispconfig tar.gz with an editor, then you can find some instructions for the automatic mode inside.

3. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thought you might be involved with timmehosting but I see now that is Falko's deal. Maybe he'll chime in with some insight on managing a large ispconfig setup. :)

Thanks!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Falko has left the ISPConfig community after he founded his hosting company, so don't expect any answers from him. He is using ISPConfig on all his servers but he stopped participating in any community activities.