url redirect

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Radimb, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Radimb

Radimb New Member

Hi,
    I need to redirect website mydomain.de to mydomain.cz. I need URL to be rewrited to to mydomain.de. I tryied many options but none in ISPconfig was working. URL is always mydomain.cz.

I also need SSL lets encrypt. I've setup website for both .de and .cz. .de domain is redirected in redirect option.

Thanks for help

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is that kind of rewriting possible? If the browser shows URL mydomain.de it goes to that address. If that site redirects to somewhere else but changes the URL back to mydomain.de that is a redirect loop. Is there a place where redirect works like you describe?
    But if the URL should always show mydomain.de, do the redirect the other way around, i.e. redirect mydomain.cz to that .de domain.

3. Radimb

Radimb New Member

I need to set redirecting as Last rule:
    described here:
    L = (last rule) Original URL stays in the browser address field

but it does not stay but is rewritten to domain where I am redirected.

The point is that customer visits mydomain.de but web is located at mydomain.cz. I also want to keep mydomain.de in address bar.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you trying to run something like wpmu, I think you need an aliasdomain but whether you need it with vhost or not, will depends on what you are trying to achieve.