Use a Image to another IP server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rober, Sep 3, 2014.

1. rober

rober New Member

Hi to all
    I have a server at rackspace and i build a ubuntu server with a guide of howtoforge ...
    when i create a server, it has a IP public , then i use this IP for setup my ubuntu server with apache, mysql, etc etc and ISPCONFIG 3

At the end, i backup all my server for some future problem....

Today a i need create another server, with another IPs, and i what use the same image of my first server.

how do you note, i have a problem... change into my OS and service, the IP to new one..

Is there a guide for do that.. because the another way is build since zero a new server... but is to much if i have a image...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To change the IP, edit the file /etc/network/interfaces and then restart the server.

3. rober

rober New Member

just that?

there is no need of reconfigure DNS, MAIL SERVER, APCHE, MYSQL or ISPCONFIG?

4. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes to change IP just change the values in /etc/network/interfaces and then restart the server.
    Change the IP in /etc/network/interfaces, adjust /etc/hosts, make sure all web sites in ISPConfig use the new IP and that your DNS records point to the new IP. That should do it.