Use FastCGI and mod_rewrite

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Kenneth_H, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Kenneth_H

Kenneth_H New Member

Hi
    I have recently configured a CentOS 7 64-bit server by following this guide: https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-...l-php-pureftpd-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig3

Now I want to work with websites using Drupal, Wordpress and a custom built CMS, which all utilize mod_rewrite.

I want to be able to test the sites under different PHP versions, which I have found a script that can accomplish, but the issue is that when the OS vendors PHP 5.4.36 is used with FastCGI on Apache, my .htaccess file with some rules and mod_rewrite is not being used. I found a thread on the internet stating that ISPConfig cannot use htaccess files with sites using fastcgi so I had to use mod_php instead.

Is there a way for using fastcgi and get mod_rewrite working with ISPConfig v3.0.5.4p5 on CentOS 7?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats completely wrong, I use on most of my sites php-fcgi with mod_php, not a single problem in the past yaers. there is many nonsense written on the net. mod_php and fastcgi do not interfere with each other in any way.