Use SendGrid as an SMTP relay

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mattltm, Nov 28, 2015.

1. mattltm

mattltm Member

I've finally given up trying to get my ISPConfig emails to land in the Hotmail inbox. I know it's not an ISPConfig fault and it's all down to Hotmails spam filtering but after 2 years of fighting the battle I've admitted defeat and started using SendGrid as my outgoing SMTP server for some of my clients. Emails sent via the SendGrid smtp server don't get filtered and land in inbox for Hotmail addresses.

I know that I can set each individual mail client to use SendGrid for outbound SMTP but I don't really want to go around all the workstations, laptops, tablets and phones to change their settings and a few people also use webmail on the ISPConfig server which poses it's own problems.
    I guess the question here is how can I set up ISPConfig so that is uses the SendGrid smtp server as a outbound relay for specific domains? Is there a way to do it?

Thanks and fingers crossed...

2. mattltm

mattltm Member

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Look at the sender dependent postfix settings, ie. turn on smtp_sender_dependent_authentication and use either sender_dependent_relayhost_maps or sender_dependent_transport_maps to have those specific domains send through sendgrid.