User access to admin/mail/phpmyadmin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tristanlee85, May 18, 2006.

1. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

So I finally got this setup and working somewhat. The problem I'm having is I can't figure out how to let a site admin administrate his site, check mail, or use phpMyAdmin. The domain is www.fedexunderground.com and in the manual it says to do www.fedexunderground.com:81/webmail and www.fedexunderground.com:81/phpmyadmin for those features, but I just get a 404 error. I figured out that the site owner can login to www.fedexunderground.com:81 just fine, but that only lets the owner view the set options of his sites.

I need to find a way to allow the admin of www.fedexunderground.com to setup databases, add users, login via FTP and SSH so he can manage the server.

2. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Ok, I'm getting so aggrevated at this. The home directory for www.fedexunderground.com is '/home/www/www.fedexunderground.com/' so I'm assuming the web folder for my files is '/home/www/www.fedexunderground.com/'? No, that isn't correct. No matter what files I add to that directory, I still get the default Apache test page. Why can't I add files to this site?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The website root directory is:

/home/www/www.fedexunderground.com/web/

Have you selected the correct IP address in ISPConfig for this website? If you are in a NAT enviroment, you will have to chose the internal IP address.

4. till

Thats the purpose of ISPConfig. Create a client, enter username and password for this client and give this username and password to your client. He can login then in ISPConfig and create users / databases / co-domains.

For FTP and SSH login you will have to create an email user and check the "administrator" checkbox for the account. Use this username and password for FTP and SSH.

Please have a look at the manual too, the options are all described there!
    http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation.htm

5. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

There is only one IP address to choose from (65.186.87.93). I am behind a router and the DMZ host is set to 192.168.1.130 since that's my internal IP for the server.

I did figure out the e-mail and SSH, but I just can't figure out why none of the pages I put in /home/www/www.fedexunderground.com/web/ show up. Maybe that has to do with the IP you were talking about, but I only have 1 external address to select from, and all incoming requests go to 192.168.1.130.

6. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Alright. I got it working finally. Now, when trying to install phpMyAdmin, I placed it in /home/www/www.fedexunderground.com/web/phpmyadmin When I try to run the setup script, it says I need to be in HTTPS to view it. So, I click the link to execute it in HTTPS and then PHP doesn't work and the code just show, but if I'm not in a secured connection, any PHP code works...

7. till

ISPConfig make no difference foe the PHP settings with or without https, so i guess your vhost does not use the configuration created by ISPConfig.

How did you access the website (exact URL)?