Using an EMail filtering appliance in front of ISPCFG3

Discussion in 'General' started by Ovidiu, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I have been using https://efa-project.org/ in front of my ISPCFG3 for year. Basically all email domains hosted on this ISPCFG server have their MX set to point to EFA which filters and then forwards emails to ISPCFG3.

I now have the problem, that some spammers seem to be cleverer than me and directly send their SPAM to my ISPCFG bypassing my EFA.

Can someone give me pointers how to allow my ISPCFG server to receive emails only from my EFA? Also, if none of my MX records points to ISPCFG there shouldn't be a problem with this setup, right?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can set up some iptables rules to allow connects to port 25 from IP of your filter server only.

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ah, OK, thanks, I guess I thought too complicated I was searching the postfix manual for an option to do this but didn't find anything suitable.

4. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

As Till posted. I do the same thing. Block all port 25 access except for the efa ip(s) and clients that run older software that doesn't have ssl/tls support. For those clients with older software. the advantage is they are on static ip's.

Ovidiu likes this.