Version 1.3 of the ISPConfig 3 Manual is finally available!

Discussion in 'General' started by falko, Oct 7, 2010.

1. yoplait

yoplait Member

Scuse.. i'm a beginner with paypal... I put my bank account related to my paypal account, it took 9 days... Now, i tried to pay my subscription to howtoforge, and it seems to take another 8 days.. Do you think it normal ?
    I can't see any download link for me... I just want to be sure I have to wait these 8 days...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Paypal is sending the download notification which triggers the email with the download link when the payment is "cleared". Depending on the country and payment method, the clearing may take some days. Credit card payments clear normally within a few minutes, bank transfers and echecks normally take a few days.

3. yoplait

yoplait Member

Yes, you're right, but I don't have any credit card with this account. Thanks for your help !

4. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

I will buy the full version when there is a no-cost version available for my clients. Web hosting is a cut throat operation and any costs added for the clients hurts business.

5. Davide

Davide Member

First of all, I have to say THANK YOU for making ispconfig free, and THANK YOU for this useful manual :eek:)

Now, I'd like to know where should I report a bug in the manual itself.

Thank you again.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can write me a PM.

7. autogun

autogun New Member

I own 1.0 manual version which I bought, in order to get the latest release, do I need to buy it once again?

8. falko

If you have a HowtoForge subscription, you can download the new version for free. If you've bought a single copy of the manual, you will have to pay for the new version again, as outlined on http://www.howtoforge.com/download-the-ispconfig-3-manual and http://www.ispconfig.org/ispconfig-3/ispconfig-3-manual/:

If the single copy included any updates, we would be forced to charge more than 5 EUR because a lot of time and work went into that manual (more than six months). I hope you can understand that.

Thanks!

9. kendel

kendel New Member

I already bought the copy... Its good stuff.
    Notice I don't ask much questions anymore..

However I still have some problems with setting up the email link to be able to access the email server...

Still No luck.. Help me falko

10. falko

Do you mean SquirrelMail? Which distribution do you use?

11. kendel

kendel New Member

Running Multi-server setup
    Everything works except the mail... (the mail server works and recieves/sends because I am able to connect with Outlook 2007).

I tried a recommendation before with a guilde on howtoforge but it ended up kicking me off the server and I could not access any website.. (After an hour of looking for the file on the server to make a manual change i figured it out).

However, i believe i uninstalled squirrelmail... I am not completely sure...

12. beyerservice

beyerservice Member HowtoForge Supporter

hey,
    where is my manual? i dont get any downloadlink!

13. falko

Try
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install squirrelmail

14. falko

15. mike_p

mike_p Member

Any chance that the next version of the manual will have bookmarks?

Thanks in anticipation!

16. beyerservice

beyerservice Member HowtoForge Supporter

@mike_p: me too!

17. falko

I will see if this can be achieved somehow.

18. falko

The new version of the manual (1.2, released 05/04/2011) has internal links so that you can (for example) click on the header of a chapter in the table of contents and directly jump to that chapter! :)

19. cadman97

cadman97 New Member

I purchased the manual using the links posted and payed thru paypal yesterday morning 02 June 2011 CST. I have been waiting for my link to download since. What is the usual delivery time to receive the link?

Mike

20. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The link is sent automatically when the poayment process is finished. Please check your spam folder, maybe the email has been sorted in the wrong folder on your server. If you did not fin the email on your mail system, please contact us here so that we can send you the download links again:

http://support.projektfarm.com/

If you ordered the manual trogh a howtoforge subscription instead, then you can download the manual here at howtoforge:

http://www.howtoforge.com/download-the-ispconfig-3-manual