Version 1.3 of the ISPConfig 3 Manual is finally available!

Discussion in 'General' started by falko, Oct 7, 2010.

1. SpeedyB

SpeedyB Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear Falko,

Would it be possible to add some explanation in the manual. For instance in 6.2 Enabling SSL For The ISPConfig Web Interface

I would like to now what each step does and why you do it.
    Especially the last 3 steps.

Thanks for the manual though, some things are now very clear....

Regards,

Bas Steelooper

2. zbuzanic

zbuzanic Member

Manual is awesome. I was hoping to see more examples with multi server installations like how to add second and third server if you already installed ISPConfig and didn't know that it's possible to have multi servers like I didn't know :), but it helped me to understand some things better, Anyway thanks to developers for all the time and help.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

@Zubuzanic: Thanks for the feedback! We will publish more multiserver tutorials soon. The steps to add additional servers to a existing ispconfig server are the same then the one used in the multiserver tutorial:

1) Add all FQDN hostnames of the systems in the cluster to the /etc/hosts files on all servers.
    2) Create a additional mysql root user in the master database that allows access from the IP and hostname of the new slave server.
    3) Install ISPConfig 3 on the slave server in expert mode and choose to join a existing ISPConfig master when the installer asks you.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I just bought this manual. A nice one. But it is more on bigger server side. Anyway, I haven't read in full yet. I need to know something. Is there any script that I can use to create subdomains by using php?

I used to do that using zubrag script here: http://www.zubrag.com/scripts/cpanel-subdomains-creator.php without entering cPanel. I would like to know if ISPConfig can provide the same script or tutorial for making something like that to work with ISPConfig server. This way is safer than a wildcard like *.domain.com.

I know this is very much possible but I really don't know how to. Please help? Thanks.

5. till

Yes. Thats called remote API in ISPConfig. You can find the example scripts and API docs in the remotting_client subdirectory of the ISPConfig tar.gz file.

6. dogokientruc

dogokientruc New Member

Just purchased the manual, tnx!

7. dontworry

dontworry Guest

Just purchased the manual, tnx!

8. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

9. till

Thats in the works. We have a lot of pages and it takes some time until we have updated all.

10. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

yes i understand, and i see that page is not updated, the the more important page should of been updated first, http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation/ as it still has old v3 manual info, also i see tutorials links on that page are missing like for example ubuntu for version 16.04, but it was created months ago and still not on list, this is a problem as people cant find this good information that you spent hard work and time to make.