vhosts

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by symmetry, May 16, 2006.

1. symmetry

symmetry New Member

ispconfig works well now,
    but I wanted to know how to set vhosts, such as: test.xxyy.net when my domain is xxyy.net

thanks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you want test.xxyy.net to use the same folders as xxyy.net, then add test.xxyy.net on the Co-Domains tab of the xxyy.net web site.
    If you want a web site of your own for test.xxyy.net, then create a new web site and specify test as hostname and xxyy.net as domain.

3. symmetry

symmetry New Member

I've already tried this, but when I do it, I get the following error when I open
    http://xxxyy.net
    And test.xxyy.net gives a server not found error

I also have to restart apache manually.

4. falko

That's no error, that's the standard index page created by ISPConfig for new web sites.

Did you create a DNS record for test.xxyy.net that points to the same server as xxyy.net?

5. symmetry

symmetry New Member

Yes, but it comes for my main domain when I try to make a subdomain.

I tried everything there, but alwas the same problem.
    I'm sure thats it's my error, but I don't know what to do next. :confused: :cool:

6. falko

If your subdomain is a Co-Domain of the web site, then this is ok.

Please post the real domain and subdomain here.

7. symmetry

symmetry New Member

i've made a subdomain mi.supersymmetry.net

but now he shows the welcome page for mi.supersymmetry.net at supersymmetry.net

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check if mi.supersymmetry.net has a co-domain supersymmetry.net. If yes, delete this co-domain.

9. symmetry

symmetry New Member

cool :D , now the main domain works, but the subdomain still doesn't

and how do I change now the path on my server to the main site?

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  10. symmetry

symmetry New Member

11. falko

Do you have a web site for supersymmetry.net, or is supersymmetry.net a Co-Domain of an existing web site (keep in mind that supersymmetry.net is different from www.supersymmetry.net)?

12. symmetry

symmetry New Member

I have website for http://supersymmetry.net/, but when I create a subdomain mi.supersymmetry.net, I get this page, and my standard website for the main domain is "lost". Shared ip comes for www.supersymmetry.net and supersymmetry.net.

Here my vhosts config:

13. falko

You have a web site mi.supersymmetry.net because mi.supersymmetry.net comes in the ServerName line. But you don't have any Co-Domains for that web site because otherwise there would be a ServerAlias line with your Co-Domains. Please go to the Co-Domains tab of your mi.supersymmetry.net web site and create your Co-Domains.