Virtual Users + Domains With Postfix, Courier + MySQL (+SMTP-AUTH, SpamA, ClamAV)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by deflin, Feb 4, 2006.

1. deflin

deflin New Member

hi,

I've followed this howto and think it's very wel written!
    I've got just one question:

Since I think phpmyadmin is not very easy to use for mail administration I was wondering if there is another tool for it to use.
    I was thinking about something like postfix.admin (http://high5.net/postfixadmin/) but I believe this is not completely compatible for my setup.

Is there someone who has a better solution than phpmyadmin or postfix.admin? Or is there someone who is able to reconfigure postfix.admin or has already done this?

Regards

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've had a look into postfixadmin once because someone wanted me to install that on top of the setup I use in my tutorial. It doesn't work, this setup and postfixadmin are not really compatible.

3. deflin

deflin New Member

hi Falko,

ok, thnx. is there another solution to administer this setup webbased?

4. falko

Other than phpMyAdmin? None that I know of. But if you're good in PHP programming this setup gives you all possibilities to code your own, individual web interface (not quite sure if this is what you wanted to hear... ;) ).

5. deflin

deflin New Member

no, not really :D
    I'm not good in programming at all..... perhaps someone else feels the need....
    you said you've looked at postfix.admin, is it a lot of work to get it reprogrammed?? perhaps I can get somebody to do it for me....

6. falko

I didn't have a close look, only close enough to realize that it would be a lot of work...

7. florinn

florinn New Member

MD5 encryption for passwords

phpMyAdmin is not at all a solution to administer the database
    there is also vmailadmin but as far as i've seen it's not compatible with your setup
    i have to take a closer look at both vmailadmin and postfixadmin maybe they can be adapted somehow

i have another problem thou
    i installed postfix according to the tutorial for etch and i came into a problem: i do not want password encrypted with encrypt() (which means shortened to 8 characters), i would like md5 if possible, otherwise i prefer clear passwords

is there any way to change it to use md5 encrypted passwords ?