vmail wrong uid/gid - no mail accounts created

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by webhunter, Jun 11, 2016.

1. webhunter

webhunter Member

I ran 2 another installs on Ubuntu 16 and the result is always the same: No mailboxes were created.
    No matter what option chosen (on/off - Use Websites Linux uid for mailbox).
    And... after installation of ISPConfig and configuring it, I went shopping just to be sure about the "wait-60-second"-thing before creating any content within ISPConfig.... ;)
    Wondering what happens if I would update my "in production" 3.0.x install to 3.1 through the update-script.... (if there is any update).

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

You LOgoutput does not show creating / updating mailboxes. Can you see pending jobs in the jobqueue (monitoring)?

3. webhunter

webhunter Member

Nope, the job queue is empty.

EDIT: Sorry, it isn't empty. It shows:
    Code:
    2016-06-14 20:42    server101.mydomain.de    Insert    mail_user
    2016-06-14 20:42    server101.mydomain.de    Insert    mail_domain
    2016-06-14 20:41    server101.mydomain.de    Insert    dns_rr
    I could setup a Ubuntu VM for you with all required software pre-installed except ISPConfig for easier error tracking, if you like.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. webhunter

webhunter Member

Just recognized, that a website isn't created either.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I said that you have to wait 60mseconds between you created a mailbox until you can use it andnnot to wait after installation ;)

Sure, just run ispconfig_update.sh. Worked flawlessly on my systems.

This means that cron is not running. So the mail system issue is just a symptom of your cron failure and not a problem in ISPConfig.

Run:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

as root user manually on the shell. Then check if the jobqueue is empty and if the mailboxes are working then.

6. includes08

includes08 New Member

Still stuck :(

7. webhunter

webhunter Member

@till:
    Yeah, I know... :D. But since I'd to setup my e-mail client afterwards, the 60 seconds passed more than twice. So this wasn't definitely not the error.

I really believe in you and your work. I really do. But I don' t want to take the risk on my working system. If something goes wrong.... all will be screwed up.

But the cron-log within ISPConfig showed the execution of 'em.
    Is it possible to have not the right permissions set? If so, why doesn't set the install-script the right ones?

Like I offered florian030: I could setup an Ubuntu VM (pre-installed prerequisits, no ISPConfig) for easier error tracking, if you like. Maybe you'd see and experience for your self....
    Perhaps it's VM-related error which I can't imagine...

8. florian030

You can provide me root-access to your current setup. There is no need for a 2nd vm.

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then post the debug output of the creation of the mail please.

I have many virtual machnes here myself, all installed as a copy/paste of the perfect server and no mail issues. Also the 3.1 production systems that are online for months at several ISP's that I contacted have no issues.

10. webhunter

webhunter Member

A few hours ago, I removed the VM we were talking about. It was of no use so I destroyed it. But it's no problem to setup a new one for you, later. I'll contact you for the credentials!
    Thanks in advance...

11. includes08

includes08 New Member

Are you able to check out mine to? mostly for my SMTP problem?

12. florian030

13. webhunter

webhunter Member

@till
    @Florian
    sorry for the wait. I'd some other urgent stuff to do.
    Okay, server is up and running. All the credentials and address will be PM'ed.
    You have full control and can restore the machine at any time.
    Server is running plain Ubuntu 16 with all prerequisits.
    Skipped Metronome and Mailman, this is optional.
    Thank you very much!