vsftpd virtual server mod with FTPS for non-anonymous sessions

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by JGZimmerle, Jun 13, 2007.

1. JGZimmerle

JGZimmerle New Member

Hi!

I have modified ISPConfig 2.2.13's /root/ispconfig/scripts/lip/config.lib.php to include the IP address in vsftpd's virtual server configuration files (fixing ISPConfig's virtual server support for vsftpd) and use FTPS (FTP with TLS/SSL) for non-anonymous sessions if both SSL and FTP are enabled for the web. The changes are on lines 1991 to 2000.

This makes it possible to use vsftpd's listen_address, rsa_cert_file, rsa_private_key_file and ssl_enable configuration file directives. See the attached example /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/customized_templates/vsftpd.conf.master, but you might want to adjust a few settings like the chroot_list_file, nopriv_user, anon_upload_enable, max_clients, max_per_ip, local_max_rate and anon_max_rate to your setup.

I start my virtual ftp servers via init.d, see example /etc/init.d/vsftpd script (suitable for Debian and Ubuntu).

Note1: gunzip the attached files.

Note2: During ISPConfig installation, choose expert setup and choose the init.d/standalone option to start vsftpd (instead of inet.d/xinet.d/ispconfig_tcpserver).

Note3: ispconfig_tcpserver did not work for me and since I prefer to have the servers running constantly anyway, I did not investigate further and simply used init.d. If you want switch from a ispconfig_tcpserver installation to init.d, you will have to delete /root/ispconfig and /etc/init.d/ispconfig_tcpserver and do a fresh installation, but keep the database.

Note4: At first this mod only worked, if you enabled anonymous FTP for the web. This problem is now solved, I have replaced the attached vsftpd.conf.master with an updated version.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007