Wanna take backups

Discussion in 'General' started by maxx, Aug 22, 2005.

1. maxx

maxx ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

If a wanna take backups from my ISPConfig server, so that all the settings, emails, and homepages will be saved, what are the folders to save?

Example: I have a another ISPConfig server where I want transfer files to.

- Joakim

2. maxx

maxx ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Situation

I have two ISPconfig servers.

And I want to copy all the files from from ISPconfig server to another ISPconfig server. What are the files and folders to copy so it will work?

Now I have done following:

1. Copied /etc/shadow and /etc/passwd

2. Copied home folder (www and admispconfig)

3. copied /var/lib/mysql (stop mysql before)

4. Chmod 777 /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/temp (webmail wont work without chmod)

But it doesnt work. Can't access webgui with right password after copying mysql files.

- Maxx

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It should work like this.

1) Have you first installed the same ISPConfig release on the second server? The setup does some things like creationg the admispconfig user.

2) Have you copied your group and gshadow file?

3) When you cant login in ISPConfig webinterface as first login, it is in most cases an mysql connection problem. Compare the username and password in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php with the correct settings for mysql access.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you also copy /root/ispconfig and /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server? Have you adjusted the MySQL details in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php?
    Have you copied all configuration files (for Apache, Bind, your mail server, etc)?