Web Login

Discussion in 'General' started by mphayesuk, Sep 13, 2005.

1. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ok so the way I see it is that the web interface is just a bunch of web pages that have code in that links back to the ISPConfig server and that send info back to the web pages like status and user details.

After you login on the web interface is there a way of getting the username of the person logged in, what I am thinking of is adding in a couple of pages my self for support issues and I want the username to be a primary key so that when they click on "support" they can see all there current and old support questions ect....

Any ideas???

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you looked at the support ticket system that comes with the latest ISPConfig version?

I recommend to use the user id's instead of usernames. The usernames of the customers can be changed by the administrator and resellers.

if you want to se the user details available in the session, put a:

print_r($go_info);

in your script.

3. mphayesuk

Support ticket system????

Didnt see that one, its not in the manual either, its difficult I have been out the main office for a couple of days and have not had chance to put the answers suggested on this forum into practice, and the server is being tested so cant get to it unless I am there.

I will take a look tonight (UK Time)

Thanks

4. till

Yes, its not in the manual yet, you will find it under "help".

5. mphayesuk

looks perfect.... one thing where do the tickets get posted to.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The tickets are shown in the ISPConfig interface (under "Opened Tickets" or "Closed Tickets").

7. mphayesuk

so if I have 100 users and they all post tickets, they will only be able to see the ticketes they have posted, but when I log into the system as admin I can see all tickets from every user.

8. till

Yes, the tickets are send to the admin if the users does not have a reseller, if the users belong to a reseller, the tickets are send to this reseller.