WEB Site not showing up but ftp fine

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rtrynor, Apr 16, 2017.

1. rtrynor

rtrynor Member

One of my web sites started showing up like it was new and had nothing uploaded www.the-computerguy.biz when I ftp into it all the files were still there. I finally decided to delete it and start it over again because I could not seem to get it to work. Before I removed it, it was web1 and ftp pointed to web1. Now that I reinstalled it, it is web16 and the ftp says web16 but it still does not show the site as being loaded even though you can see it has been when you ftp into it. No idea why this site started doing this but removing it and reinstalling the site had no effect and still does not work. Any ideas out there?

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did you delete index.html from that web folder?

3. rtrynor

rtrynor Member

I have it in place. I even removed the website and created it all over again all with the same results. It is like port 80 is going someplace weird.

4. ahrasis

Unless your uploaded website files are overriding that file, normally you have to delete it for your website to show.

5. rtrynor

rtrynor Member

Yea it has been working for years. Just started not working. It is the main site my server is built around. It just started do that for no reason. List I said I even went in and removed everything, site, ftp, mail, databases, everything and then setup a new site and it still does not work. All other sites are still working fine.

6. ahrasis

Any site / system error / access logs that could help?

7. rtrynor

rtrynor Member

Nothing I am at a loss. I putty in and all the links and folders seem to match. I even changed the client and all the folders moved to follow the client. But still nothing. I go to the-computerguy.biz and it looks like the site has never been setup. I ftp into it and all looks well. I even FTPed it over one of my other web sites and then when you went to that web site you saw the-computerguy.biz info so everything there is working right. All my years doing this and have never seen anything like it.

8. ahrasis

Did you check its dns / ip address etc? Is it similar to the working site?

9. rtrynor

rtrynor Member

EYs and like I said I even removed the site and recreated it from scratch. This is so weird.